FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Am I self-Sabotaging?

Mr K
Community Member

As I write this I'm living with the constant fear of heartbreak.

After overcoming a separation/divorce I've tried to rebuild my life/confidence and move forward.

I had been enjoying a new relationship but more and more in recent times, I'm feeling very much like the lowest priority in that other person's life.

She tells me constantly that she's busy and although that may be true, after all we are all busy; I firmly believe we should find or make time for the people and things that are important to us.

Last Friday we arranged to all meet up for dinner she and her one child me and my two children. I had hoped a meal would lead to other plans/ideas for the weekend but what actually happened really left me in doubt.

Randomly another of her friends was at the same venue with her children and their grandfather. She then invited them to join us and for the remainder of the evening, I and my kids were essentially ignored.

I didn't hear from her again that weekend until Sunday evening when she told me all the things she had done and said I hope you had a good weekend and didn't just sit around.

I didn't really have much to say, I was still frustrated by the seeming lack of care and feeling taken for granted.

Anyway, I've heard nothing from her since in a weaponised silence kind of way and now I'm back on the forums wondering how to move forward in life if all it ever seems to do is set me up for heartbreak and disappointment.

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Mr K, feeling low in this relationship has again been experienced by her not contacting or suggesting you should join the rest for the evening and then spouting what she had done, seems to only be rubbing it all in to you and by doing this it could quite easily happen again, especially when she wants to be someone else.

You might get on, but her duty of care doesn't exist and telling you that she's busy doesn't seem to be an ideal r/lationship for you, I'm sorry to say.

If two people have a fondness towards each other then this certainly doesn't happen and won't help you to overcome a divorce/separation, because it only allows you to be involved in what she wants you to be, so if her attitude doesn't change then there will be someone else, I wish you the best.

Geoff.

Life Member.