FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Beyond Blue’s new Forums are now live!

Sophie_M

It’s here! 🎉

Following some great feedback from our community, we’re excited to announce that Beyond Blue’s new Forums are now live.

Some new things you might like to explore:

• The new and improved search functionality that helps you easily find what you’re looking for
  • Receive notifications on discussions you follow or posts you’ve made – update your preferences by clicking on Profile then Settings
  • Try out the new mobile experience for when you’d rather access the Forums on your phone or tablet.

You may notice changes to some of the display names of people whose posts you read. This is because our new Forums technology has different rules around display names. Some of the characters (emojis, spaces and other special characters) that people have used previously in their display names are no longer supported in the new system.

We’ve been working hard to build a better experience for our community. We hope you enjoy the changes and can’t wait to hear what you think.

As always our Community Champions are here to support you. You can watch this video to learn how to use the Forums and check our FAQs on the left of the screen.

Have a look around and let us know what you think!

31 Replies 31

Hey thanks Romantic I did use the 3 dots on top R) but had forgotten. Knew about going to last post at the bottom which can be a bit of fluffing around but is another way.

Just wondering if it might be clearer how to reply to discussions. I usually can work things out on computers but took a we bit to realise the need to open the discussion to reply.

Might be my headspace though that could apply to others too.

Likng the auto save and notifications.

Thanks again ☺

Hi Hanna3,

I'm sorry you're finding this tricky too!  Thanks for reaching out and hopefully we can make it easier.

If you click on Paw Prints thread, up the top of the screen it will say

"Beyond Blue Forums >  Caring for myself and others > Staying well > Staying/Getting/Doing well - Moving Goalposts or fixed target?" 

On the right side of that is an Options button with 3 dots, and if you click that, you can sort Oldest to Newest.

I hope this makes sense.

rt

Hi demonblaster,

That's no worries! Always here to help 😊

Sure, so when you say 'Reply to discussions', can you be more specific?  With the previous forums, you also had to go into the thread to reply; is this what you are referring to? 

rt

Hi Paw Prints,   We’re sorry to hear you've been having a tricky time with notificaitons. We have shared this with our team to look into. We’d also love to help with this directly, so please could you email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au? If you are able to capture any screenshots that help explain the issue, that’s always really helpful. 

We want to share a big thank you with tomantic_thi3f for answering this and raising it with us.   In answer to your other question, Paws, when you follow a post you’ll receive notifications only about replies to this specific post. When you follow a discussion (formerly known as a thread), you’ll receive notifications about every interaction on the discussion (thread).  Of course, we probably need to work out how we can get your notifications working in the way that suits you before this difference will make a whole lot of sense.   P.S. Sorry it took us a little while getting back to this! Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Hi romantic thief,

Many thanks for that, it's just that I do that, but it doesn't change the order, it remains oldest first!  No matter what I do, it won't change the order.  

Hi Hanna3,

We hope you don't mind us popping in. We'd really like to help with this. Would you mind sharing it with us at modsupport@beyondblue.org.au? It would be really helpful if you could include a screenshot. 

Thank you for sharing your concerns and letting us know about this issue. Hopefully, we can get this sorted soon.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Sophie, I've managed to get it working from newest to oldest on my PC, but from my phone (which I use a lot) it won't sort the messages from newest to oldest at all.  I'm sorry I'm not able to supply a screen shot.

I notice a couple of people I usually chat with - Paws, Grandy, mmMekitty - are not replying to me and I suspect they are finding the new forums difficult.

Thank you for following up on the issue Sophie!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Sophie_M,

Which 'Follow Post ' is to follow the individual post & which is to follow the entire Discussion? 

I'm sorry, your video was kind of useless to me.

My text-to-speech reader reads the 'Your content was last auto-saved at [time], something like every minute, interrupting while I want to listen back over what I've been typing. really distracting.

There's more, but Jepardy is on now.

Kind regards,

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Hanna3~

I found a trap I fell into on sorting the content of a thread/discussion

I would go to the top to the OPTIONS 3-dot menu and choose "sort newest to oldest", but it did not seem to do anything, I still had post #1 at the top, then all the posts the same as before -frustrating

Than I discovered towards  the bottom of the page (invisible until I scrolled down the  page) that the row of page number selector squares were still in thier old position, by moving  to number 1  square the posts all shuffled themselves into most recent on top order.

I'm not saying this is you particular problem, however I hope this helps someone similarly stuck like myself

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Hanna 😺You can't lose me this easy!

& to Sophie_M,

Nest time, can the canges be delivered more slowly? This really is difficult.

What would happen if I press 'Permalink'? What happens & can it be undone?

I have recieved an email about posts which were replied to in my own thread, 'Introducing mmMekitty', which were from me! Can I stop email notifications somewhere? I don't want such notifications of post replies in my email. I will go to my profile, & look there - but yes, it would have been helpful if the name of who last & time posted was shown.

I, too prefer if latest Post replies to Discussions would be on top, & if I could remove the Original Post by the author of the Discussion, that would help. It's good to see, so, if unfmiliar with the Discussion, we could read the author's intent. Afterwards, it's something to scroll past.

I'd like be able to choose for all Discussions & Posts to display newest to oldest, & to be permanant until I reset it. 

Where did that little Emoji button go from the top of thiese text boxes? I'd found it there once, right of the link button, but now it's gone.

My right mouse click options are inconsistant. Sometimes they are what I want to help me edit here, & something, though, the options look like what I would have in the ribbon of my browser/

WhenI type a lot, I'd like a heads-up notice that I am at least approaching the character count limit. What I've had is a refusal of my post because it had exceded the count, & didn't tell me by how much.

That better do to go on with.

🙀mmMekitty