FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Beyond Blue’s new Forums are now live!

Sophie_M

It’s here! 🎉

Following some great feedback from our community, we’re excited to announce that Beyond Blue’s new Forums are now live.

Some new things you might like to explore:

• The new and improved search functionality that helps you easily find what you’re looking for
  • Receive notifications on discussions you follow or posts you’ve made – update your preferences by clicking on Profile then Settings
  • Try out the new mobile experience for when you’d rather access the Forums on your phone or tablet.

You may notice changes to some of the display names of people whose posts you read. This is because our new Forums technology has different rules around display names. Some of the characters (emojis, spaces and other special characters) that people have used previously in their display names are no longer supported in the new system.

We’ve been working hard to build a better experience for our community. We hope you enjoy the changes and can’t wait to hear what you think.

As always our Community Champions are here to support you. You can watch this video to learn how to use the Forums and check our FAQs on the left of the screen.

Have a look around and let us know what you think!

31 Replies 31

Hey P12,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Our team is looking into it. In the meantime, please feel free to split your posts in two if they're under the character limit but you're having this problem! 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Aw, thanks Sophie_M - I've only just seen this reply to P12. It's good to know BB won't jump on me if I find it too difficult to edit down to under 2500 characters (with spaces), for a while, at least.... 😼

For the Forum's sake, I do hope the way characters are being counted is sorted, so it is consistant with my word document, & that you can include the number remaining & the number we have exceded, again.

I admit, there were a couple times when I had a little fun getting the number to '0' 😸

Thanks again.

Warmly, with kind regards,

mmMekitty