FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Beyond Blue’s new Forums are now live!

Sophie_M

It’s here! 🎉

Following some great feedback from our community, we’re excited to announce that Beyond Blue’s new Forums are now live.

Some new things you might like to explore:

• The new and improved search functionality that helps you easily find what you’re looking for
  • Receive notifications on discussions you follow or posts you’ve made – update your preferences by clicking on Profile then Settings
  • Try out the new mobile experience for when you’d rather access the Forums on your phone or tablet.

You may notice changes to some of the display names of people whose posts you read. This is because our new Forums technology has different rules around display names. Some of the characters (emojis, spaces and other special characters) that people have used previously in their display names are no longer supported in the new system.

We’ve been working hard to build a better experience for our community. We hope you enjoy the changes and can’t wait to hear what you think.

As always our Community Champions are here to support you. You can watch this video to learn how to use the Forums and check our FAQs on the left of the screen.

Have a look around and let us know what you think!

31 Replies 31

Aline SM
Community Member

Yaaas! I was looking forward to it! It looks amazing, so modern and very intuitive. Thanks for everyone's hard work, it'll be even better now!

Lillylane
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The improved search function is so much better! My favourite update so far. 

Thanks to all involved!

Paw Prints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

I'm finding this version far less intuitive for working out how to use it than I did the old version...

Settings says we can turn off the email & pop up notifications & we will still get posts in our notifications feed section... email & pop up don't suit my needs so I turned them off

However I've selected follow on the top of the BB Cafe thread yet I'm not getting anything show up in my notifications feed despite when I check that thread I see more posts have been made...

I selected follow on one of the posts on the cafe thread... still nothing in my notifications feed

What am I doing wrong????

I can't find anything that explains the difference between the follow button on each post & the follow button  in the options section at the top of the thread

I watched the video but didn't find it particularly helpful nor does the FAQ help my questions

I'm confused... I don't even know what a RSS feed is & googling it just confused me more..

Paw Prints

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi their everyone ☺

Wow well done thank you for your time and work toward improvement.

Overall I like this new look. 

Just a couple of mentions. 

I heard Quercus hi darl ☺ saying on a post in options she had trouble with sorting oldest to new posts.

Yes I'm having hit and miss with that. Quercus if you're reading check the post after the op (original post)

Is there a way of going to the last post. I tried the R) arrow but no go.

Thanks and good job 👋

Hi Paw Prints,

Does the BB Cafe thread pop up in the first section: Discussions you follow?

RSS feed is a fancy name for 'all the content'- so if we subscribe to an RSS feed, we subscribe to 'all the things'.

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully we can clarify and make it easier for you.

rt

p.s. I also want to add that a lot of notifications don't actually apply to us, but it's part of the program that we're using to develop the forums - so you can completely ignore things like 'workflow' and 'knowledge base articles'.  

Hi demonblaster!

You have two options:

- Up the top, you can click on the Options button with 3 dots and sort 'Oldest to Newest'

- If you want to go straight down to the bottom of the page, you can press the 'End' key on your keyboard.

Hope this helps!

rt 

Hello rt,

Yes if I go to my Profile link the BB Cafe thread is there... however it doesn't show if posts have been made to it

Paws

Hi Paw Prints,

Thank you for letting us know.  I'll raise it with the team and keep you updated.

rt

I'm finding this very tricky Paws!  I have found your thread but it wont do newest to oldest - I have tried to send you a message from my thread to yours.  I think we older ones are finding this less than intuitive!