FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is the beginning

NanoCT
Community Member

Hi, dears,

I am a chronic patient, already over 10 years, I did not get rid of the voices. That was started after the PTSD injured caused by robbery happened at my 20th birthday. I have a good heart as people always told me. I am a good girl characteristic. Good in the musical instruments and art design during student, actively engaged in the school music festivals and won arts competition. I am a girl leader in schools.

However, the Auditory hallucination with negative and depressive voices began after I finished my schools.

I try to actively engage in the society but I felt discrimination and the auditory hallucination voices threatening me to be an active person. With the medication, the voices reduced to be the thought only when I am alone. Not voices anymore. Can anyone share their experiences with me for how to totally get rid of the voices disturbance?

The reality is negative, a real-world is with sexuality and unrespectful, people wanted money, sex and power...... I cannot see real love. The voices made my health weak, very unhealthy. Finally, I went to Church last year. I wanted to get rid of the voices.

I wanted to be successful. I wanted to be a good person. I wanted to engage in society positively. I wanted to be a healthy person. I wanted to help myself in order to help others. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi NanoCT,

Welcome to the community on the forum.

If you don't mind me asking, have you received professional help to assist you with the voices and the PTSD? It sounds like medication has been beneficial to a point.

Have you tried using affirmations to help you feel better about yourself when the negative thought s are there? Has anyone explained Mindfulness to you? A counsellor could help you with these things and other ideas that may help build your self esteem.

You mentioned you have attended Church. Have you found anyone there to be supportive and helpful? Are there activities connected to the Church you could join in?

Is it possible to use your art or music to assist other people? I have started volunteering in a home for the elderly and see how much pleasure music brings to their lives.

I've heard there are also children who bring pictures and paintings in to some of the residents as a gift. The people who receive these are very thankful and feel special.

There may be lots of ways you can be the person you desire to be. Sometimes for myself, I don't always see the good in me. Hope you can see it in yourself!

Wishing you well, from Dools

Desedrata
Community Member

Hi,

I don't really want to say this but I will just incase it helps you. I find that when I have a urinary tract infection my audio hallucinations become stronger and are 24/7. I don't get any of the other symptoms commonly associated with UTIs. It might be worth going to your GP to have a test just incase this is also the case with you as it is more common then people seem to realise especially for those who are already stressed.

As for my PTSD I find playing music or a book on tape in the background blocks the voices.

CKS
Community Member

Dear NanoCT

I just want to let you know that I am thinking of you and hope that you will keep in touch with us. It is important you get the support and medications you need and deserve.

Music sounds like a great idea!

Kind regards CKS