FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

UPDATED: I just feel alone and lost in a new world I don't like

Zetta
Community Member
Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself. I went to the Dr today and he prescribed me my medication. I'll be starting the journey to a more positive outlook soon. I just feel soo lost and confused. My husband and I have had a pretty hard week this week as I told him something that changed everything for us. A secret I held for a long time. And he's not talking to me much. I just feel alone and lost in a new world I don't like. It's just all soo confusing. 
125 Replies 125

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Zetta

I have been on and off looking after my 86 year old mum with her early dementia. I do hope that you are 'reasonably' okay...I hope you dont have endometriosis. I just read your post and thought I'd say hello..

(Tony WK) You are very strong...I still cant get used to the word 'Relaxation' I have to use 'Calm'...Even with your 'Rocky Road' your are a very strong and resilient guy..I envy your clarity of thought Tony

Im sorry to hi-jack your thread Zetta

Kind Thoughts

Paul

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you for checking in on my thread. I'm okay for now. I'll be going to my GP tomorrow to talk to him about all of this. 

And I agree with you Paul! I think Tony is very strong too. 

Zetta

Guest_1055
Community Member

Good Morning Zetta

Just wanted to say hello, and to see how you are getting along.

Ok bye now

Shell xx

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Zetta

Nice 1 having another GP appointment today. I do hope it has gone well for you. I still use my GP approx once a month to help me help myself in maintaining 'true acceptance' of the bad feelings that depression can bring.

*Clarification on my post above to Tony...We do have various coping methods that work or not. When I mention 'relaxation' being a word I cant use...means just that.. for me it doesnt work. Word substitution I was taught by my Therapist many years ago to 'reduce the severity' of my anxiety/depression. Of course there would be people that don't find my coping mechanisms of any use at all.

Hope your day went well for you Zetta

Kind Thoughts

Paul

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Shell,

I'm doing better today. I went to my GP and had a big vent to him and he gave me some tips on how to handle it. Thank you for checking in on me  

Zetta

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Paul, 

I'm doing better today, i'm currently cooking a beautiful chicken and vegetable soup and relaxing with a movie and popcorn while the rain is falling outside. 

And watching my boys build their creations is just what the Dr ordered today. 

How is your mother going Paul?

Kind thoughts

Zetta

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Zetta

The Chook sounds wonderful...yumm

Mum is still 86 and her dimentia is still early days but her hearing is approx 20% of capacity and she refuses an audiogram...Oh Dear 🙂 My sister has taken over being a carer/visitor....Its been 3 years of being summonsed nearly daily by mum but she is still fiercely independent and has her own place so I am looking after myself at the moment.....and thankyou for asking too Zetta...

Can you make it rain in Melbourne please? Indian/dry summer here....

Glad you are better today

Kind Thoughts

Paul

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Oh wow, that's hard work, my great grand Ma and grand dad both had dimentia. 

We've had over 120mm of rain in the last 24hrs and is still expecting around 400mm to fall in the next three days. I love rainy weather!! If I could I would send some your way!! 

Good night

Zetta

Lost_Girl
Community Member

Hi Zetta, 

I just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself. My name is Carol and I was recently diagnosed with depression and started antidepressants too. I am a little further along in my journey than you but not much.

I empathise with the loneliness you are feeling with hubby. While our situations are different, my hubby is having to do everything at home at the moment including caring for our 3 kids. At the end of the day when all I would like is for some companionship and a cuddle or affection, he is exhausted and all he wants to do is catch up on his phone messages for a bit and go to bed. 

I get great comfort from my kids though like you. I have boy 10, girl 6 and boy 3.  Their cuddles make my world go around. 

Time helps. I am finding I am improving slowly and hubby is understanding me more. I hope the same happens for you.

Do you have your operation soon?

Here for you if you'd like another person to chat to.

Take care,

Carol

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Carol, 

I have read quite a few of your posts and yes our situations are different but some parts of our stories are quite similar. It's good to know that i'm not the only one who struggles with this. My husband is tarting to be a bit more affecrionate towards me. And he has started to read all the information I have given him. Which is a step forward for us. 

My boys are aged 8,6 and 3! And my kids get me through everyday. They are great at giving and showing compassion towards me. 

Well as soon as we have the funds for the operation I can have it done. So it might be in the next month or so. Hoping it would be sooner rather than later as i'm in soo much pain every month. 

Thank you soo much for your message Carol!

Zetta