FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

UPDATED: I just feel alone and lost in a new world I don't like

Zetta
Community Member
Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself. I went to the Dr today and he prescribed me my medication. I'll be starting the journey to a more positive outlook soon. I just feel soo lost and confused. My husband and I have had a pretty hard week this week as I told him something that changed everything for us. A secret I held for a long time. And he's not talking to me much. I just feel alone and lost in a new world I don't like. It's just all soo confusing. 
125 Replies 125

Zetta
Community Member

Hey Paul,

I know i'm just swamped of my feet now!! The other driver was stopped and then I think she was distracted by her kids and then she just sped up and turned into me. Luckily no one was hurt!!

Were still sorting out how we're going to get my car fixed. Hopefully it will be sorted before my operation. So that I can concentrate on my recovery!!

Thanks for all you great advice and support!!

Much Love

Zetta

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Carol,

Yes i'm concentrating on just figuring out a way for the other lady to pay for the repairs and hopefully get it sorted before my operation!! And then I'll be able to concentrate on recovery!!

I have just decided we will only do things out side of the house when hubby doesn't need to use his car.

Hopefully we don't have to go to court and we only need to go to the ombudsman. She's a single mum on pension and is already stretched financially. I'm hoping to get things sorted for us soon.

Thanks for you kind words,

Much Love

Zetta

Zetta
Community Member

Hi Guys, Just thought I'll give you all an update on my life!

Well I had my Hysterectomy in September and it was a success, No more pain!! YAY!! My little sister got married in October!! Yay!!

On the other hand my car still isn't fixed and I have to go to court!! And the other thing that happened is my Father-in-law had a stroke middle December and now my HUsband is over in South Africa helping his Mother make some tough decisions.

I'm not sleeping well because of worrying about my Husband and his Father. It's really hard doing things by myself and being a support for my husband!! I don't feel strong enough!! I want to be in South Africa supporting my husband there!! Its just not fair!! I know we can't afford it 😞 It just feels like this ear is starting out pretty bad.

Hoping you all are well!!

Much Love,

Zetta

Starwolf
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Zetta, good to read from you again. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Sorry about the health scare in your family... and yourself feeling so alone with it all. Though not always possible we naturally wish for family presence during bad times, particularly when end of year is supposed to be about reunions and festivities. Your mother in law must feel vulnerable and rather lost at the moment. I hope your father in law will gradually recover much of his abilities. I guess it will be a waiting game for some time...

On the brighter side, I am thrilled that your year started pain-free...an improvement on the last. And it is just as well as still being in physical pain would make it all so much more difficult to cope with. Mental/emotional pain is enough to contend with right now. Fingers crossed your husband can soon return. and Life takes a better turn for all concerned.

Struggling alone is not easy...I hope interacting around the forums can continue to offer some measure of solace. We hear you.

Kindest thoughts.

Zetta
Community Member

Thanks Starwolf!!

Well my Father in law passed away last week and the funeral was this week. I had a great friend who supported me through the week which was great!!

I had a visit to my GP on Wednesday and he's pretty happy with my progress. I have told him what has happened and he just said to me You look great!! He did discuss increasing my meds when I'm not coping but I don't want to do it as I don't want to be too dependent on them. So That was a great positive this week too!!

I did keep myself really busy this week by moving the house and preparing for the new school year and doing some spring cleaning by taking all the rubbish out of the house!! That has helped me be more positive and keeping myself busy instead of sulking and being too sad. Yes I did have a cry when my father in law passed and I cried the day of his funeral. I made sure I got it out of my system!!

Looking Forward to a great new Year!!

Take care,

Zetta!!

Starwolf
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I am sorry for your loss, dear Zetta. Words fail us miserably in the face of grief...

Isn't it great to have your doctor comment on how good you look ? A good sign you are on the mend on all levels. Inner well being shines through and it feels terrific when people notice. It keeps self-doubt at bay...

You are right, nothing like keeping the mind on a practical track. It stops it erring on the wild side !

Good to see you doing so well. It makes my day so thank you for sharing.