FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,646 Replies 1,646

That's fine, Moon. I understand.

(An iceberg is a great place to 'chill' out, wot?)

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MK and Moon~

"An iceberg is a great place to 'chill' out, wot?" only applies to frolicsome furry felines who behave themselves! (Plus Moons always of course)

Moon~ Guess what, I found a copy of the "Moonstruck" DVD in a thrift shop, I'll be able to watch Cher and all after such a long time:)

Croix

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Croix

we sell lots of dvds st the op shop where I volunteer.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Quirky~

The very next time my iceberg drifts near your thrift shop I'll pop in and flip (yes that 's a pun on flippers) though your offerings

-C

Moonstruck
Community Member

Great movie Croix. memories of a great love in my life...😍

The most comforting words anyone can say " I  understand"...thank you.xx

Hi Moon, Croix Quirky & all

I wonder if we can project the DVD movies onto a slice of ice taken from the side of Croix's iceberg, & set frozen on its side? Aurora Australis, movies yunny snacks on an iceberg, with friends, what could be better?

I wonder if I throw popcorn onto the icescreen. will it freeze quickly enough to stick?

I will hav to see if I can find some description of the movie, 'Moonstruck', because I know I've seen it, a couple times at least, but I can't recall much. Sorry, because it was not sci-fi, it likely was not one of my favourite movies.

I used to surprise myself sometimes, when suddenly while under stress, depressed, anxious, grieving, or some such, I'd find something funny. It felt so weird, because it was so incongruous with how I was feeling. I understand it's quite common. There can be moments when in deepest despair when we might cach ourselves having a laugh. The situation itself may even be suddenly so ludicrous we simply must laugh.

It's okay; it's another way of coping, & a hell of a lot better than some ways we might fall into. 

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MK~

I'm not sure of your plans for movies, popcorn and I-scream sound a little out of place, I think you would freeze your paws.

The film Moonstruck is mentioned in detail here and is well worth a look. It takes a while to work out who's who in the plot description. And no, not Sci-Fi, a romantic comedy set in Brooklyn.

I quite agree with you about humor, my copy of BeyondNow has a great  many humorous clips as well as other stuff. In fact humor broadened my view of the world and probably saved my life. As you say, an excellent coping mechanism as well as entertainment.

It's healing power may be part of the reason Moon and I swap Oscar Wilde quotes to often.

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Just letting you know i am still soldiering on..playing in my big game took lot of strength and was in pain at the time. Then began work in my casual job with as usual my son on my mind 24/7. Worried about what I cannot control..(his marriage separation).so very expensive so ugly so unfair. Breaks my heart to think how hard he's worked..now may lose it..nothing I can do..except be here for him. Help him financially when I can. Guess every little bit adds up. Trying keep his spirits up..when I am falling apart myself..love to all. xx

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Thanks for the heads up in my thread , I"m glad you did.

I can understand how you feel, when the person you love has such ill fortune and you can only stand by. Frustrating, powerless, even angry or feeling like you should be able to somehow do more.

Actually I think you do more than you realise, and I'm not talking so much about financial help. When a marriage breaks up one can feel very isolated and alone in an unfair world.  Your son has you, someone who loves him  and is on his side.  In that respect he is blessed.

Having the occasion big game may indeed by physically taxing, but not only do you give to others when bowling, but you also have pride in the professionalism of you work, and satisfaction.  It does give something to look for in the horizon of the future. The world might be a greyer place without that.

I'm glad you have your casual job to return to, occupation, accomplishment -plus some cash:)

Your son's life may be pretty horrible at the moment, but if his nature is like yours I doubt it will always be that way

I can think of a quote from OW that may help wiht your son's unhappiness

“sorrow...is a wound that bleeds when any hand but that of love touches it” 

Yours is the loving hand

Croix