FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,641 Replies 1,641

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Moon,

Maybe your challenge is to find the 'new' Moon, not the old Moon. So many things have changed in your life the last few years. The life the old Moon had was different. Perhaps the Universe is wanting you keep the past chapters safe in your heart & memories & to look ahead to a new chapter.

Just a gentle thought.

Sending gentle & comforting hugs.

Cmf x

Moonstruck
Community Member
Dear CMF..Croix..and friends...I think I'm gonna actually be ok with this challenge now...starting to unfold my wings and fly with it....I just had to "get out of my own way"...Will keep you posted..xxx

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

In some ways it is easier for us looking in from outside. I think you were the only one that doubted yourself. You are turning into a New-Moon you know

"Who can calculate the orbit of (his) own soul?"

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix....you asked how my stint back at work briefly went? Actually I handled it well but a bit dubious at first..he did pile a lot onto me I guess...which turned out fine...have to confess I began rather enjoying it...sssh! He has just asked me to help out again...thank God not until big game is over...couldn't handle both stresses at once just yet..game has not begun yet..I am doing well at practice...xx

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

It seems to me you are doing pretty well, you are held wiht affection by your sons, and in high esteem by employer and bowling group (plus pet of curse:)

I think you are wise ot to engage in employment again until the big tournament is over, something I'm sure would take a lot of time bad energy.

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

You are right Croix..it takes enormous mental energy and I am noticing now, gradually more physical also which I understand..as I am not as young as I was etc.

The adrenalin when it begins though is like nothing else and so addictive..it's worth it. As it is produced naturally by the body I wish they could manufacture it in pill form...and you could buy it at the chemist like Vitamin C!!

😃😉

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

If you could put it in pill form where would be the accomplished, triumph over adversity and your personal attainment. It is precisely because it comes from your determination and effort you can be justified in taking pride in yourself

-C

Moonstruck
Community Member

Dear Croix.....it happens very very soon now.....this big game I have been working towards. I'll be brilliant won't I?

While I'm here....can I ask if anyone feels "guilty" if they simply want to lie down and rest, perhaps drift off to sleep during the day.....when they haven't been doing anything strenuous; and the weather outside is beautiful, and others tell you how refreshing a lovely walk down to the beach is { and yes, it is) but you've had joint pain lately and don't want to undo the physio work achieved by overdoing it just yet....and your body is telling you to lie down...just lie down and relax.

You've no commitments just now...you've been extremely busy and active with your hobby group meetings which happen at Night, sometimes going quite late....so is it so terrible to "waste" a lovely day by sleeping a while...or simply resting on your bed? Am I wasting time by doing this? Interested to hear others' views.

Hello Moon,

I most definitely do not consider it a "waste"... I would call it self care... being sensible...

Lass you know your body's needs better than anyone... why should the weather outside dictate how you care for it?... if you feel resting would be beneficial... then rest.

I don't know why these days there is this background tenor that inactivity is somehow wrong... that we must occupy every hour doing, being busy... by which we lose the ability to reflect, ponder, observe or simply rest & recuperate...

Gentle hugs

Paws

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Of course you will be, no doubt about it -I don't even need to wish you luck. All those years of experience will tell - and I hope you have immense enjoyment as you bowl, I'm sure the lookers-on will be enthralled.

Paw Prints is dead right. There is no celestial time-clock you punch into each day to be "productive" all the time. Pacing yourself -and that does mean rest -is essential and when you combine that with the need to not to aggravate joint pain it is a no-brainier.

This is something I do not only becuse I get tired but to give my back a chance ot settle down (better for me than tablets)

If it was not an unfortunate choice of phrase I'd say rather than question snoozing to "rest in peace" - so I won't say that:)

Croix