FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,722 Replies 1,722

Moonstruck
Community Member

Yesss!    I think it worked.  I just sent Grandy something..   if she receives it OK I will shout you a beer at the pub!!

You are a genius.....read another O.W quote this morning but have forgotten it already....something along the lines of. "Being natural is a very difficult pose to keep up"...... thanks again for your help.....Moon S

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

I'm delighted the link worked, it can be so difficult to find the place you want. As for beer - cheapskate, a dozen clams at least!.

I think the quote may have been from Dorian Gray with Lord Henry talking to Basil

"Being natural is simply a pose, and the most irritating pose I know"

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Hey Croix.. and Friends....would you believe "they"...that word comes in handy doesn't it...it can mean a myriad of names, faces, people...instead its a useful collective that we use SO much, probably more than we realise. anyway they at the Club are celebrating some milestone and dragging up little bits of "games" that were highlights over the years...and yes they have me in mind to throw a few balls down...a repeat of a funny game I took part in some years back....should be fun, not too arduous....I enjoyed it then so don't mind if they want me to repeat it.  I wasn't expecting to have another commitment so soon...I am doing this job for Mr Scrooge which I hope will be my last...and then going to see son and grandson...my son has to go away for few days and I'll stay with the little boy.  You know how nervous I get whenever I go away, have cat booked into place, planes, trains, automobiles...its all too much.

Not sure where you are situated but you probably heard our Qld Premier made all bus fares 50 cents....no matter where I go..in Brisbane, Gold Coast etc...everything is 50 cents so hope to make use of that as I won't have a car, don't know my way around anyway.  

answer me this friends.....why is it...that at times we have nothing much to do, getting a bit bored, feeling a bit redundant, just taking up space etc......THEN....everything Happens at Once???  I want to know this!  I seem to go from NO commitments....to MULTI commitments....and I am getting too old for this fast lane!!  We are I hope, getting towards milder weather...it has been FREEZING up here and we are not used to it...love Moon S

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

I'm delighted 'they' wish you to reprise snippets of your bowling triumphs, the bowling public will be in for a treat. Can't say I"m surprised you are asked

No  did not know about the 50¢ bus fares, it sounds like it is happening at just the right time. you know perfectly well no matter how flustered you think you get you travel exactly as planed and all is always well

As for everything happening at once - GOOD!

"The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young."

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix....just deciding what that quote at the end means to convey exactly...I think I know.

Hi Moon,

All the best with your grandson duties, hope it goes really well.

I like your comments about feeling like you have nothing to do and then all of a sudden life seems very busy.

The first part of the year I tried to catch up with friends, to make arrangements to see them and do activities together. Maybe the weather was too good and they had other plans. I then managed to secure a casual position at a new work place while also working weekends at my original place. 

Now I have little idea of  when I will be working during the week and friends are wanting to catch up now. It is also interesting trying to make appointments as the flexibility is not there. Many people make this work for them so I just need to do the same!

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

While commenting on how full a plate you have at the moment it reminded me of that quote as it seemed to me to refer ot two types of persons. Those that age and become enfeebled, both physically and mentally, believing their capabilities are no longer great, and the other type (which includes you) who despite a (very moderate:) age remain with  a young outlook and internal identity  and accomplish more as a result than those who feel they are age-limited.

(Please notice how tactfully I handled the matter of your age:) Please don't attempt to correct my description, I'm sure you'd agree:

"No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating."

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Yes Croix...I know that quote well and also who said it!!

Dear moderators...and any friends who can advise.  Having trouble with hearing so decided to try an Online Chat...did the K10 test, followed the prompts...2nd question they asked was my age...no problem, except after trying for ages, there simply was not anywhere for me to type my age!  Nowhere.   clicked and scrolled and scrolled and ticked ...and could not find where to put it....so...no chat online.  very frustrating and upset about this now...as I think it would have helped me at this time.....

anyone know where to type my age????  ....Moon S

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon

It will ask you:

Now we'll ask for some basic details. These will help the counsellor provide support and information that's tailored to you.

What's your age?
This helps us to provide advice and information appropriate to your age

Then there will be a box below with "Enter Message" or similar -you type in your age - 21? and hit the ENTER or RETURN key, it then shows you your answer in blue and goes on to the next question

Hope this helps, mind you a recent quote does seem applicable:)

Croix