FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't find the right place for me to post

Moonstruck
Community Member

I don't know any more where to put a new thread if I make one, or which ones to join in. I always used Anxiety because that is my major condition but that has been relatively under control lately - I feel Depressed today - but I don't qualify for the topics there either. I'm depressed mainly because there doesn't seem a place for me. I love some of the threads and personal thoughts for example in Staying Well, but I can't join in there, because I don't have any tips for Staying Well.

I tend to have almost paranoid thoughts through over-thinking "problems" that I would like to talk over but don't know where to talk them over before they reach the paranoid stage...I want to avoid that. I join in the Social threads saying light hearted jokey things because thats the only place I seem to belong.

I dwell on any problems my adult sons have in various aspects of their life and want to "fix things for them" - our relationship is very loving and close though - they are wonderful to me - so there is no real "problem" with my relationship with them....so I don't seem to belong in the "relationships, family" section either do I?

I worry about them all the time - when I tried to express this on forum I think it was misconstrued that I had "empty nest syndrome" - trying to adapt to my sons' leaving home....No, that's not it...they've been gone for years and years...I am a grandmother.

I liked the Getting to Know You, or is it Me? thread very much - but have been given suggestions how to start my own thread and what section to use etc and get the feeling I'm being steered away from there too.

So I am still confused. I don't feel particularly anxious today, so this shouldn't even be in Anxiety! Do you see my dilemma?

In fact the more I write the more I feel like crying - I don't know where to go next.

1,722 Replies 1,722

Quirky...Ive seen just about all Goldie's movies....terrific performer.  Particularly Private Benjamin.  Hard to believe she will be 79 in November.  Her daughter is the "star" now, Kate Hudson ...they look quite alike.  Am I mistaken or isn't there many posts on here from "Grandy" who I recall used to be a regular participant...or am I looking in the wrong places?   Is Grandy still around do you know?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Grandy still here Moon,

Last I saw she was on the thread 3 things to be grateful for x

Moonstruck
Community Member

Dear Quirky....thanks for that.  I knew it though!!!  Bugger!  as soon as I found that thread I was reading entries dating right back to 2014....been having trouble like this since Forum had the big change.....I've lost threads and contact with so many once friends....all gone....lost...gone with the wind....like Grandy.  Sorry Grandy.  Hope you are reading this. also I have not see anything from MemeKitty. (I think that's how its spelled)....Gone too.  All I can find regularly (their current posts I mean).  are yourself, CMF and Croix.  If I've forgotten anyone...sorry but I wish Forum had never made that change....lost so many friends...Moon S

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

The latest page of Grandy's home thread is here and still fresh

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/long-term-support-over-the/alone-depressed-sad/td-p/344478/page/...

I'm afraid I've not seen mmMekitty around at all since April. If anyone  else has  please sing out.

Hope that helps

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Thanks Croix...same old story.  Found her thread OK as you supplied....starts in 2017 and keeps going right thru 2017 and the next 6 years I assume.....can't get It to start at the "newest"...if a Forum moderator reads this, perhaps they could tell me how to get it to 2024????   thanks for replying.....M

Moon

i am reassured when others have problems. I couldn’t login for over a week till I was helped. I still year. For the old forum but am trying to move with the times. 
I am not sure if you find this moon but as soon  as I feel confident with something related to computers eg email, then something happens and I can’t access my emails. Or I am okish  with serums the. I am logged out. It is frustrating but I keep trying and appreciate the support of people here.

Yes I find our conversations really easily and the latest ones too.  I can also access straight away....Croix and CMF...some of the social ones.. Follow that word, Lose a word, add word, movies in alphabetical order etc....in general as this digital age keeps progressing with updated and new procedures, apps etc...oouif something goes haywire with my phone, computer etc. I tend to panic and get really stressed about it.   Anyway I am glad I have the few of you to still talk to.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Try this link instead, if that does not work I'll go and stand in a corner and sulk:)

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/long-term-support-over-the/alone-depressed-sad/m-p/594564/highli...

or here

Croix

Guest_9972
Community Member

I hear you, and it sounds like you're feeling really lost and unsure about where you fit in on the forums. It's tough when you're dealing with different aspects of life and emotions that don't neatly fit into one category. It's okay to feel this way, and it's understandable to want to connect with others who might understand.

Perhaps you could consider starting a thread in a general discussion area where you can talk openly about what's on your mind without feeling constrained by specific topic categories. Sometimes just sharing your thoughts and feelings can help you find others who relate or have insights to offer, regardless of the exact topic.

Remember, forums are communities meant to support each other, and many members likely go through similar challenges of finding the right place to share. Don't hesitate to reach out and express yourself—it's okay to be unsure and to seek connection. You're not alone in feeling this way. Take care.

Thank you for your thoughts...I think you may be answering the post at the top of my thread from 2017 (I don't know why Forum puts these old ones at the top of people's current threads....but it was written in 2017...so a lot has changed for me....thank you so much for caring....Moon S