FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

how do i get started im so confused

willdo
Community Member
not sure how , were to get involved with the forums. please help
136 Replies 136

Hey Will

There are some threads that you can read that other people have this same experience too, you could read them too and see if any of what they are talking about resonates with you...

I can help you if you like...

"How do you manage a panic attack when you are in public?'

"Post surgery, now left with severe panic attacks, help!"

Not sure if either of these work for you....

Hugs Will xoxoxox

Sarah xxx

willdo
Community Member

Hi Sarah,

Hope you are well.

do you if we can change the topic on a current thread? as i have Depression,anxiety,Panic attacks and OCD i post my first thread under the topic Panic attacks. I want to post about my other issues? i opened a new thread put was told to continue posting under the same one. I just feel that i will not capture attention if i want to post for OCD (for example)under panic attacks.

Can you please provide any Guidance

William

Hey William

I will talk to you about what ever you would like and just hope that I can help you. I will try. You can share as much as you like on here, afterall this is your thread so you can talk about whatever you like.

If you would like to start a new thread you can, they just say to stick to one thread so that you don't have many subjects all over the pages and loose track and lose support. If you want to start a new one you can.

I am here to chat if you would like or if you want to start a new one that is cool too.

Huge hugs

Sarah xxx

Thank you for asking how I am, I am really good today and hope you are too xxx

willdo
Community Member

Thanks Sarah,

unfortunately im still struggling with my MH. Waiting for the new medication to kick in ( 2nd attempt ) since October last year. this new one started 14/12. they say 6-8 weeks.(they changed the one i was on for over 20 years in October)

i'm finding hard to live i just exist . home all day, no motivation to do anything (even to put the TV on), too scared to venture out too far (panic attacks), OCD at night runs wild.i have no appetite had not had dinner with family for more than 6 weeks.

I'm sorry if im posting doom and gloom but thats how i feel.

I'm so glad you are well.

Warm regards

William

Hey William

No apologies here, you are free to express how you are feeling and that you are not coping so well at the moment. I am so sorry you are jumping through hoops with your medication and that finding one that works is taking some time, that is really frustrating.

I know it sounds really hard as you are struggling, perhaps joining the family for dinner might really help, help with reconnecting and help with taking your mind off things, even if it is for 5 minutes, that is some peace for you. I get that you are not wanting to eat and have lost your appetite, however you do need to keep up your food to help with the mental health side of things too, I get you know all this, just reminding and caring.

Is there anything no matter how small that might give you some joy, some peace? Reading or even writing? Just to break the cycle and tell those inner voices that you choose you.

When is your next appointment with your GP? Do you think it is worth giving them a call just to check in to let them know that you are not progressing as you expect and as you would like to be?

My heart goes out to you William and I really have no idea how hard this is but I will sit with you, I am here and I care.

Huge hugs

Sarah xxx

willdo
Community Member

Hi Sarah,

as mentioned i have 2 threads one under Welcome and orientation and the 2nd under Anxiety (topic panic attacks). below is my recent post under panic attacks,

At what point do you say to your doctor/psychiatrist that the medication is not working.i am currently treated for depression,anxiety,panic attacks and OCD.
my doctor decided to change the antidepressant i was on for 20 years in October last year. Few weeks of no change (worse), he decided to change again (14/12/2019).
Over the phone he said you sound and the indications are much better, will need to increase the dose next time i see you 1/2/2020.
Why do i feel worse, all of my symptoms are same/worse. My mood is so low , i escape to bed to toss and turn for hours, my OCD is running wild, i have not had dinner for 6 weeks (lost 10 kilos) during the day i force myself to eat i have no appetite , Anxiety is all i preoccupy my time with.
they say it takes few weeks to get better, i'm worried if i say something he might get upset or change medication again (with all the hassles and pain of reducing the current and starting a new one and having to wait few weeks again)
any thoughts, PLEASE HELP

Hey Will

Great to chat some more and sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you.

I have been thinking about this and I see you have an appointment next month but I think it is always ok if you are not feeling good to check back in and let them know. It is so frustrating and you are so very over feeling like this, it is a process and sometimes take a few meds to get the right one for you, does that help..no..but I am hoping you can perhaps check in and let them know and get some professional support around this.

I know you probably know all this but is there something no matter how small that you can do just to break the cycle of today and do something that you would not normally do, to push yourself and your anxiety aside..whether that be a walk to the end of the street and back or even to hang some washing out on the line..just something to challenge you and to tell your anxiety "NOT TODAY". It will give you a real boost and a sense of "you can"...how do you feel about trying that?

Just as a side note, the doctor is working for you and I know it is your anxiety talking to you but he/she is not going to get upset at you if you let them know that the meds are not really working, that is what they are there for, to help you on this journey and support you. They need your feedback to let them them know if they are on the right track or not, they will not get angry at you Will.

Huge hugs to you today and I am here xx I would love to know what you think about doing 1 thing differently today.

Hugs

Sarah xxxx

willdo
Community Member

Hi Sarah,

I woke up late today with lots of anxiety, then i read your reply. i will do things a bit different today, i fixed the side gate as asked by my wife, put dinner on (leg of lamb in oven for dinner). I said over and over again NOT TODAY Anxiety , it helped a lot.

In saying all that i'm stopping to take deep breaths to stop this nagging panic attack without having to take any medication. All the family are going to pictures tonight, i have not got the courage to go , i feel so sad about that. maybe that's why i feel a bit anxious.

Thank you for your help and support.

William

William....FANTASTIC...I am so very very proud of you, that is bloody awesome!! You have made my day!

I am so glad that you told your anxiety where to go, that you had the courage to push forward, that you chose you and not only did one thing but two things..that is so fantastic.

I hear that you feel disappointed in missing out on the movie, do you think with some encouragement that we can get you there? I am by no means pushing but I think you have done so very well today and if that is all for today then you have done so much better than you would have doing what you did yesterday.

How do you feel? I hope you feel proud and I hope you feel encouraged to do some things that are for you William...you can tell that anxiety where to go...you did it today.

I am so happy for you.

Well done and huge hugs and a high five...YESSSSS

Much love Sarah xx

willdo
Community Member

Thanks Sarah,

I will think long and hard about the movies, but i'm so Anxious about it.

I developed this phobia since October of going to bed early , not sure why its just another OCD (not falling asleep or having a wrestles night is an old phobia that goes back to my Uni days). I coped for years as i was drinking heavily. Since i stopped drinking (17/4/2018), i started going to bed earlier and earlier and the phobia came back.

thank you so much again

william