FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost and overwhelmed...what happened?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow, this was meant to be 'my' year. A new year, a fresh start, a year to focus on what i want to do and where i am headed but i have hit a brick wall and can't break through. Single mum 3 kids. My little one has more kinder sessions so i have 3 days with about 4 hours free. With kids at school/kinder, this was my plan and how i wanted to spend my time i was excited/positive up until last weeks:

Do a few odd jobs around the house, fix a few things, big clean up;

Join a gym, do yoga for relaxation, walk every day - take care of me

Do an online course or some short courses so i can think of going back to work next year when she starts school. I could do something i really enjoy, a new career.

Maybe do some casual work or start a little business from a hobby

How i feel now:

Don't know where to start,anxious, guilty for not doing anything with my free time yet

How will i juggle 2 teenagers and a preppie and work all on my own next year?

If i work next year who will look after the little one on school holidays? I don't want to use school holiday programs when she is in grade prep. The thought makes me sick.

Maybe i should sell the house, just get rid of the mortgage and rent and be free ( i have this thought every month around pmt time) but where would i go and would i be renting forever? I feel overwhelmed with mortgage and bills, just like everyone i guess. Am i running away from responsibility, am i lazy?

I feel i have to be doing something all the time, feel guilty if i take time out (i was fine first week of kinder, this started second week I feel guilty not working, Scared I'll get in trouble for not doing anything yet and for having free time. The course i wanted is too expensive but i can look at other options.

I feel like a lazy mum, bad example to set for my children.

I'm anxious and depressed. i look at others with their families and how they are happy and going out and going away because they can afford to.

Am i crazy for being like this? Am i a lazy person? I had it all planned out, what happened, why have i now fallen like this? I saw a positive future, upgrade my skills, get out there and be something now i cant see it anymore.

I've lost my direction. People have said to give myself time to adjust to having some free time and to take a break and then rethink what i want to do but i'm panicking, like i'm wasting my time and i cant get going. I don't deserve anything i have.

Thanks for reading

cmf x

4,858 Replies 4,858

Guest_1584
Community Member

Yeah , sadly it's sort of some of what l've gotten at before here about mr m l'm sorry to say , a bit like em is saying. He sorta talks the talk with you thinks he's done he's thing then just wanders of , conveniently rug sweeps and then just goes of to his own walk . Can't believe he didn't call ya and at least talk a bit , let alone not even text , sorry cm. Don't you be too hard on yourself though anyone would be peed at all this stuff and it is silly the way you've had to be like scolding him all these yrs.

l can understand the house dilemma though and l dunno if he'd be expected to add a 2022 new market value into her half now to as well but if so, it'd be no wonder he's stalling. But at the same time then there is sis to so l doubt he's in any hurry there either sorry to say.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey rx,

He replied to my message & I commented 'oh you are alive'. I called him, he was happy as always.  I told him how I felt at no comment about me not going, not even a phone call before hand. I asked if he was glad I didn't go. He said of course not, it's obvious he would want me there...and there it is! I told him it's not obvious & I don't assume these things. The thing is, I do assume.  Alot.  I assume he'd rather be with sis, assume he preferred me not there etc. I have no idea why he couldn't call. His son's did just get back from the snow. Maybe he was busy but still a quick call wouldn't hurt. Just an acknowledgement I td him. I guess that's where we're different. I'm more thoughtful  ,& an overthinker. He just takes it all for granted . I'm always doubting 'us' to him we're all good, solid.  Maybe we are? Maybe he is in for the long haul,  accepting me as I am whereas I'm always in doubt not willing to just accept things. I've had a frustrating work week too which doesn't help.

Big thing here is I overthink & he doesn't think at all. Anyway, he went to the bday with his son & the steamroller met them there later. Yep new name. Steamroller.

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hiya cm.

Yeah l've always tried to be positive for ya you have enough anxiety as it is but sometimes it's not easy , at least he texted then though anyway.

But yeah you have rounded it of there really , it is a really weird combo of all that . He's a funny guy if he's not rug sweeping or conveniently forgetting to mention he just sort of isn't noticing or it's not even crossing his mind buttttt, then he turns around and caring at other times next it's the wkend and all will be good again soooo, at least that;s something right.

Your very different though and you both have completely different languages .

We always knew you were gonna need one mountain of patience .

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Yeah, have anxiety at the moment so struggling to deal with life in general. 

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

So this weekend with M was perfect. No messages from sis. We dropped into his house to drop off food shopping & she wasn't home. So when she's home alone she has to intrude on us with her text messages to M. He's not randomly texting her. I joked around about 'when he lives at mine'. He just laughs nervously but I get you gotta put things out there. I need to focus more on us, less on her. I give her way too much attention. M does so much for me & is so generous. I might have to drop the 'when you live with me' line when she's around.  Show her who is his partner, me not her. Yeah. I should be putting it out there,  especially when she's hanging around & I know she's listening in on our conversations. Put ideas out there line she does. Ideas about M & me, make her squirm a bit.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

4 year anniversary yesterday. Went out for a lovely dinner. He said in another 4 years little miss will be in year 8 & isaid we'll  still be doing just weekends. Today sis asked how dinner was & said when THEY were looking for somewhere to book it was hard to find something. She still has to be involved in everything. Fathers day , their late dad's bday today. We all went to mass then M wanted to have lunch at hone. I've been unwell &too tired to let her bother me bur I could hear them joking around in the kitchen. We don't do that. He def doesn't mention/disclose much about his sis anymore. He's clearly excited about her body building comp but has not said anything to Mr & it's on a Sunday.  I asked her today when is it, he replied 5 weeks. Wonder if he'll just exclude me again? Little miss' dad bought a house yesterday.  Important happy for him & have been offering lot's of positive support. Talking about it today & sis said it's good as maybe little miss can stay there for a week. M pointed out we'd start with 1 night as I'd need to adjust. Pretty funny, sis can't be away from M without constantly texting but she's suggesting my d stay with her dad for a week. I reckon she meant 1 week with me, 1 with him etc. So it's OK for me to be alone but she can't. Maybe M can stay with me then? Anyway,  I'm just overthinking & being negative about a lovely weekend. M spoilt me again but he just can't do it without involving her...like a married couple. They also discussed his son's car insurance & she's peeved he has another car in the front of the house. Well, he's M's son not hers but she talks to him like he's hers.  Maybe she should move to her own place so his son's car is not her business (yeah right). M said nothing, just her complaining & taking over just how M likes it.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Last post gone missing.  M told me sis' tenant moving out of her house so I asked if she'd move in. He said he didntknow & didn't think so. He sounded surprised at the suggestion.  Talking today & I outright said that she will not move out till she can move in with her bf. He said yes but believes it will be next year.  Reminded him I've heard that before. He said her bf bought the house he's living in & sis is aware she'd have to move over his way as the house fits his boats & cars. She realises this.  M also pointed out that she really wants kids & not getting any younger so needs to hurry up.  Hoping next year is finally the year she moves away & gives us space. 

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Long weekend.  Thursday,  Friday, Saturday, Sunday & I've taken Monday off. As I have Monday off M made plans to have mates over to watch a bike race Sunday. He invited me but he also invited his mates' gf whom I don't like so no thanks.  He met me for lunch today,  told me his boys are away till Tuesday. I said he could bring his bike over & spend time at mine. No response. I brought it up again later & he informed me he's been asked to attend a 9am mass on Sunday with his mates coming over st 11am. Guess he wasn't staying Saturday night. He had no reaction to my suggestion of sleeping over at some stage over next 5 days. No idea if sis or sis & bf will be there. Invited me to go there to watch grand final but told him not interested in it. So 5 days off, his boys away (he says they still need him) & looks like we have no time together. This 'when we live together' crap sounds like all talk to me. Think he's happy to do his own thing. He & ex did take separate holidays. Not my style. 

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I think what I'm most peeved about is that when I suggested he could spend time at mine as his boys are away I got no reaction. He went to the bathroom, came back & sat with arms crossed.  Body language is an interest of mine. That's when he told me about the Sunday mass. Can't believe I had to mention it twice to get any info from him. Oh well, his friend's  gf can snuggle on the couch with him Sunday like she did at her bday. Didn't talk to me at all but waited till he was on the couch alone & sat chatting. Yeah, like I'd wanna watch a bike race with them on Sunday. 

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Well he redeemed himself lol.  He came over Thursday night & stayed. Sis' bf was away so I guess she was home alone. M suggested doing something Friday but I was catching up with a friend. We went over for dinner Friday night. Sis was going out with her Mum so that was nice. She mentioned her bf asked if I was going over to watch the Grand Final Saturday. I found this interesting as I wanted to ask M if her bf was going to be there. Maybe her bf also doesn't like being in a party of 3 with them? When sis told him she wasn't sure if I was going he told her to tell me he's going to be there. Interesting. Anyway,  I didn't let her bother M cos I'm leaving it with The Universe to deal with 😊