FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone..Depressed..Sad..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi..I'm new here..just need to put my feeling down..no one to talk to makes depression and anxiety so hard...the last 4 days I have either been in bed crying or on the lounge crying..I can't seem to get out of this...I am becoming a prisioner in my own home as its getting progressively difficult to go out.. I have to go out Tuesdays so I do everthing on that day but it's like I'm holding my breathe all day until I get back to the safety of my home then I can let go and that starts the cycle again of spending the next 6 days at home either in bed or on the lounge sad and depressed...I really feel like just giving up.. My husband passed away 4 years on This coming Thursday. My children live 6 hours drive away and have small children so I don't see them that much.Bad mum and grandmum I am on there last visit i was pleased to see them but I just wanted them to go home. I feel so aweful and numb atm..
5,647 Replies 5,647

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello a dear Quirky, mmMeKitty, Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 and everyone….🤗

O

Thank you all mfor your caring posts…

Wow do my shoulders feel good today, just a small niggly pain in my right one, but I can do anything I want to do…I am so grateful to the caring Drs and nurses that have been helping me….Praying that this time, it works long term…even my knees are feeling better since my shoulders started to….I feel like I have days to look forward to again…instead of dreading them…

I’m going back to work next week to work only in the shop, no heavy work…I have leant my lesson 😞 and will be more gentle on my body…I did go yesterday for a couple of hours, more for social connections …not work, more to test the water…(so the saying goes)… I feel in myself I’ll be okay to go back…..only light duties though….I haven’t been to a conference meeting yet, but am definitely going this month…(last Wednesday of each month)…I want to join this part of Vinnies…

I have caught up with my washing…. I can even hang them out on the line now…😁…so many chores in and around my home needs doing….My head is saying get stuck into it and get it done…but I think I’ll do a little of something each day….I am never again going to take my body for granted…I, well really, all of us need to care for our bodies because if we damage it or something goes wrong….it can be devastating to our mental health…and can take away all our hope for future days…

Quirky, thank you for your caring words…they mean a lot to me…you too have helped me so much..🤗.

MmMeKitty, I am sure we can find as much time as needed for you dear mmMeKitty to become a professional 🚂 driver😂…..One thing I do know about me….is that I have is a lot of time and patience for people..

I think I’ll make a sandwich for lunch and watch a couple of episodes of “The Waltons”..before I bring in my fresh aired dried clothes…🌞🌪🌥

Sending you all my Love, care, kind thoughts and hugs..❤️🌈🌹🤗.

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grandy, & you are most welcome - you deserve all the care & support we can give.

Thanks for the good news today! I'm so pleased for you.

What a difference it makes when the body feels 'functional', you know what I mean, when It works for you without you feeling so much pain as you've been experienced. It's great to feel able to do things around your home for yourself.

I agree, 'testing the water' is a good plan - no diving straight into any deep ends, eh?

You sound so bright & positive. It is wonderful to hear, how you are looking forward to beginning a new role at work, being in the shop too, for the social & the work,again.

You are so right about not taking our bodies for granted. It's unfortunate that is usually takes some dramatic health crisis to teach us to appreciate our bodies & that looking after them is important. Treating ourselves well is the best 'treatment' we can recieve.

& the Waltons - I haven't seen that show for so long! I'm hoping you have been able to enjoy simply being able to enjoy watching it.

Can I give you a big proper hugzies, now? Tonight I'll be saying, "Goodnight, Grandy" & "Goodnight DB", when you both are supposed to stop talking & go to sleep. [grinning LRC - will have to hop from one bed to another, so eveyone can say "Goodnight LRC"]

mmMekitty

P.S. Been having fun on Croix's iceberg, (Croix Parler), if anyone feels up to playing ... [LRC grins wider]

Hello Grandy, wave to everyone,

Oh lass I am so pleased the needles have given you so much relief from the pain. You are wise not trying to do everything at once. Yay you!!

I was thinking with the new 🚂 vehicle it might be wise to attach water wings to the sides if you are going to let Deebi & mmMekitty drive it around the grounds of the BB cafe. I am sure that with both being mischief makers they would try to drive it over the big pond to see the waves they would create wet everyone by the shore.

Hugs 

Paws

... Actually, I want to take the  🚂 vehicle, packed with as many BB Cafe goers who would like to go on a trip, to Croix's iceberg. We'll need some very sturdy water wings for the trip. I know it will get cold, so there will be plenty of warm fuzzy blankets & cocoa with mmMarshmallows for everyone. We'll take a couple dozen episodes of The Waltons to share with Croix, in front of his fireplace.

Hugzies, Grandy, DB, Paws, Quirky & everyone

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Grandy~

I'm delighted the injections worked and you abel to do things again, it must be a great relief that they did work and you can now sit out the front wiht your hair done:)

I hope it goes well at Vinnies and you can resist the temptation to 'just lend a hand'.

Croix

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi there dear Grandy 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 and all our lovely caring friends 🖐😊

Darl sorry I haven’t been around much lately. I’m all caught up now and what lovely sounding news and yes there really is a good skip in your step which is a such a buzz after having so much pain eh. So pleased for you Huns 🤗 that’s still a gentle hug. 
oh dear that was awful it being so painful to put in ouch. Good for you braving it out for the other shoulder crikey you’re for sure going through the wars.

Im so glad that you’ll take it carefully. 

What bliss that must’ve been having a good sleep. Very happy for you darlin it makes such a difference to our mh the more sleep we get eh.

😂 loven the idea of training for our new transport. Don’t worry Kitty you’ll get your .37 for lunch but not a point over 😅

Kitty the owner has family moving in and our friend got housing recently so for a while we have our place back. If we get the one we’re applying for we’ll be v.close neighbours, cool.

Grandy also liked hearing you say you’ll pace out the jobs at home. Sounds wise. There’s no hurry it’ll happen when it does sweetly. 
Croixys lovely comment about you being on the veranda with your hair done that was so lovely. 

ok hun unsure if I’ll still have characters left so I’ll tee ray for now but back to 👀 steadily sweetly lady. 

live you very much Mrs Grandy pubAok you matter…to many 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩💜💫🎆🌈💭🌞

Cya lovelies often thoughts. Truth 😊

SAFETY IN A STORM

Its been such a long long time since it all began

When all that shook your world – hard to understand

Since then your life has been covered by a singing song

Lyrics make a lot of sense where love ones can belong

The ladies in your life here share their shoulders when you cry

And every night members hug you and never say goodbye

The warmth of every woman that knows the story since

Reach out with open arms with tears dropping as they blink

All the time there are men here that cradle their beating hearts

But at the same time their protection never ever parts

All us men that appear here as if we are the norm

Want to carry your precious heart through every epic storm

Even though their worries they do their job so well

And no chest expands here like a school of show and tell

Those stars we see every second night still blink with pride and joy

Fairy dust is sprinkled around on the forum and dancing is still a joy

We men also have times where tears well and we cannot see

We are unashamed of how we are traditionally meant to be

All that matters is that both are carried to that park

Where the sun shines every day even when it’s late and very dark

There’s heaps of pride for you Grandy as we know you by name

Of all the things life can throw at us how grateful we’re the same

We all idolise your courage of which we are a part 

What an honour it is…to carry you …to the safety of our hearts….

Yours  TonyWK

Tony what a lovely poem.

grandy you are very much appreciated by many people here.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello DearDeebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, , mmMeKitty, Paws, Croix, Quirky, Tony and everyone…

I came in here to post today, but my eyes are unable to see properly because Tony you made me cry with your beautiful poem…Tears of gratitude for you and everyone of my dear friends here on the forums, that are supporting me….Gosh I am one very lucky person to have been honoured to get to know and love you all…

I’ll be back…

Love and hugs everyone..❤️🤗..

Grandy..

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Grandy,

It just might be that you deserve the love and friendship.

TonyWK