FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone..Depressed..Sad..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi..I'm new here..just need to put my feeling down..no one to talk to makes depression and anxiety so hard...the last 4 days I have either been in bed crying or on the lounge crying..I can't seem to get out of this...I am becoming a prisioner in my own home as its getting progressively difficult to go out.. I have to go out Tuesdays so I do everthing on that day but it's like I'm holding my breathe all day until I get back to the safety of my home then I can let go and that starts the cycle again of spending the next 6 days at home either in bed or on the lounge sad and depressed...I really feel like just giving up.. My husband passed away 4 years on This coming Thursday. My children live 6 hours drive away and have small children so I don't see them that much.Bad mum and grandmum I am on there last visit i was pleased to see them but I just wanted them to go home. I feel so aweful and numb atm..
5,565 Replies 5,565

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, Paws waves to everyone....🤗..

Thank you for your kind words Deebi...It wasn’t a lightening downer....slow coming on, I did try to distract myself but not always possible...but yes I’m okay now...

It was a hard versatile with my eldest son...necessary though I think....I did say to both of them, that if they need answers I will be as honest as possible and always be their for them....

Paws, That was the highlight of my day....we do occasionally get people in to dress thei fur babies...I bought a couple of doggie coats at work a month or so ago, and this time around my fur girls are happy to wear them....Peppa is settling in good...when I go to work, I now lock them outside....I feel bad about doing that, will until Peppa stops destroying my cushions....and other soft things...

I have been “dropped” from my mental health supporter the end of this month...which means I have no professional mental health care team soon....idk, already I am starting to feel alone again in my struggles....while I had my mh support worker, I had someone to talk things over with...now I have no one...she did say that others need the service more then I do....and that’s okay....I can accept that....but it’s scary knowing that now I’ll have only me to get through the hard parts.....

Thank you for asking Deebi...It was more the arthritis in my jaw that caused the ear to hurt so bad...Since I’ve been doing jaw exercises my ear hasn’t really been hurting that much...feels like it’s clicking when I eat.... that’s my jaw grinding and clicking away with chewing movements...haha I have a musical jaw...Dr. at first thought it was Mastoiditis...an ear bone infection..did get treatment for that at the time...Can imagine you sweeping up all those dropped stitches 😂😂..24/7 deep love and caring thoughts bbff...💙..💭..🤗 x 24...one an hour if you need them..

Its really cold and wet here today...not feeling like doing much today, except for keeping warm under the blankets...maybe a DVD movie later on..,

Keep warm everyone...

Hugs, care and love everyone.,,🤗🦋💜..

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy🕊🌱🌿🌳

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi dear Grandy,

I don't like that woman telling you they have others needing their services more - even if true, you do need some service. Your needs are not lessened because others need more.

Even while thinking that, I would have just let it go, accepting what they said & having no one to support me when I need.... while grumbling, I'd be asking myself, or them, if there are any other service providers around? Maybe asking them...I think that's a fair question.

Yes, you have been learning more skills, are becoming more resillient, making decisions, drawing boundaries with people, for your own safety. Nevertheless, you do have days when you need support from someone. We try & be here to support each other, as we are able, but we cannot replace someone you actually talk to one-to-one.

Remember BB's own Counselling Service on 1300 22 46 36 - really, 😺I'm sure you don't forget, This is mention for readers out there in the BB cyberverse.

But as a friendly reminder, I will also say, don't forget BB Forums are due to begin the update, this Monday. Please more info (near to last post) in either:

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please
Forums changes - updates thread!

❤️❤️❤️❤️Warmest,

mmMekitty

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Grandy and everyone

I'm sorry to hear about your support worker - I can imagine their services are very stretched after covid etc - and I can understand it's a bit frightening for you. Do remember we are here to give you whatever support and help we can, you are so wonderful at supporting others here it's the least we can do... I thank you for your ideas about my friend here, I suspect it is some form of social anxiety... but then she is just typeface on my phone and i never get to be with her in person, and she lives at the end of my street, about 3 minutes' walk away.. I am wondering if there is any way I can help her become more comfortable so she might be OK to come here for a cuppa... I did suggest one a while ago at the outdoor dog friendly cafe here, but she cancelled at the last minute, I suspected she might do that.

I'm so glad to hear Peppa is settling in all right, oh dear is she still eating the cushions! Ooops! Let's hope she grows out of that habit!

Poor little Sam - the vet found out he had managed to rip out a toenail on his front foot, no wonder it was so painful, it must have been agonizing, it's been dreadful for him - she had to cut out the rest and treat the wound and now he has his leg bandaged all the way up, and I have to put a plastic bag over it whenever he goes outside - and no walks are allowed... he was given a pain injection and an antibiotic.. the poor little guy has been in the wars constantly lately, first the blood infection from his tooth, then kennel cough, and now this. He looks tired, it's his eleventh birthday in a couple of weeks.

So anyway, I have a small furry dog to nurse for a couple of days now! I hope you are keeping warm, it's so cold and miserably wet here today... we have a festival on in town but it only started yesterday and so did the rain..at least the park looks pretty with all the trees lit up. There is a lot of traffic in town.

I got a lovely warm throw rug at the op shop yesterday - I wanted one to put over my knees when I'm on the couch at night - it's a woolly synthetic rug - it was in the ones they put that are for pets, I don't know why, it just needed a wash and it's lovely and warm, a nice deep blue. I also got a pair of cute cat bookends, I wish I could show you a photo, they're so charming!

Big hugs from us here to you oxoxoxoxoxoxo

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey lovely Grandy 👩‍❤️‍👩 Kitty 🐺 and other good people ☺

What a shame hun about her going although she wasn't ideal it's still someone that was there. Ahh darl. Do you think your GP maybe able to get some help huns.

I find it unfair that others out there need them more. Geez you go through SO much Grandz love. You're in strong need too I reckon. I don't mean anything against others but same drift as what our Kittys saying. Pfftt.

Yes we're always here huns.

Thanks Kitty for those reminders too. I read but forgot being Monday. Good on you lovey ☺

Good hearing your musical 😅 jaws not as bad now, it sounded like it was causing a lot of pain and discomfort before poor love. I forget to ask when I think of stuff

Oh while I think hun I've eased the headaches by about 3/4's. Been meaning to tell you. I use a flat pillow ... which wasn't helping 😅...but seeing ads on TV having the neck and spine in alignment etc and my Dr saying too.

I fold the pillow end over when laying on my side, still take it away when aware to when laying on my back and same on other side folding the end over. SO much better. Still have them but not as often. How are yours going darl?

Yes the cool weather makes it hard doing stuff eh. Poor besty we were going to meet up today but icky weather so we postponed. I'm unreliable with plans often. Hope your day was cozy and warm sweetyheart. Be good seeing a DVD ☺

Was wondering how mrs nsc has been. I imagine you still see her around at times.

How gorgeous your little furs wearing their wee coats I bet they look gorgeous. Was thinking since I have that bucket of dropped stitches 😄 I could make some tinsy vests for Destiny and Eternity...wouldn't want them feeling left out. God they're cute. Quite often think about them and have cuddles and their cutey little tum tums. Picture them jumping up and chasing things 😍

PubAok dear Grandy you're a beautiful besty. Love you very very much sweety. YAdimh sss.

Stay warm precious lady. Wishing you many sweet dreams 🕊🦋🌈🌞🤝👀💜👩‍❤️‍👩😚🤗

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi sweety 👩‍❤️‍👩

I think Hannah hi darl and I posted at the same time. Oops I didn't note it and hasn't landed yet. Uh oh. If it doesn't land I'll get back tomoz.

Btw those 24 hr hugs are gorgeous thank you very much yes hrly sounds awesome.

Lots of love thoughts and care always darlin friend 👩‍❤️‍👩💜💗🤗

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Hanna,

May I ask where did the picture you already have as your profile picture come from? How did you get it to be the picture you use on BB?

I hope I can help, but I don't know what you are already familiar with. My method for getting photos to my PC, then to BB, may or may not suit you. I'm using Microsoft & an iPhone - linked.

HI Db! zi dunno where your post went. 🌍'Round🌎 the 🌏world, I suppect..

mmMekitty

Oh, look, it did arrive DB - just failed to check-in...🛃

Hanna3
Community Member
Hi mmMekitty, I don't know what you're replying to I'm sorry, I don't have any questions about putting up a profile picture. Cheers! 🙂

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh, I just had an idea, if you might like to show-off the cat bookends, you could put up a photo of them as a temporary profile picture. Not interested - ignore my question. No worries.

mmMekitty

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Grandy

I'm trying to navigate the new forums - can you reply to me if you receive this? 💖🐩🙂