FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Passing of my cat today

Princess Tilly
Community Member

I had to have my 17 year old cat put down at the vets this morning. It's the first time since late 2003 that I haven't had an animal in the house and my daughter moved many years ago. It's not the first time I've said goodbye to a beloved pet but this is the first time that I'm completely alone in the house. It's just devastating as it felt like Princess Tilly would go on forever. I know things will get better with time but at the moment it's very difficult especially when I realise how much "stuff" the cat had. I've put away her food bowls but I haven't had the heart to move her scratching post, toy box and water bowls as I think at the moment their absence might be too difficult for me - in a way I "kid myself" that she's still there somewhere in the house. I know with the loss of other pets that with time I'll know when I'm ready to put them away.

3 Replies 3

Guest_1055
Community Member

Rest in peace Princess Tilly. 

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Princess Tilly,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums..

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your precious Princess Tilly…my deepest condolences and may she RIP…

Princess Tilly,  when your heart is ready to move her scratching pole, water bowls and toy box…is when the time is ready…there’s no hurry to do these things until you feel your heart/soul is ready and when your grieving gets less and easier to manage…Its very hard and heartbreaking to loose our pets because they really do become a part of our family….my heart goes out to you…

Please Dear Princess Tilly, talk here anytime you feel up to it…

Thinking of you with kindness and care,

Grandy..

Fern42
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Princess Tilly,

I'm sorry that you have lost your precious Tilly. I think it is so underestimated the grief that we feel when we lose an animal. Especially after 17, she would have become apart of your everyday routine just like a family member. Please take time to grief this loss, and be kind to yourself. You don't need to rush a remove these belongings quickly, remove them when you are ready, there is no rush.

Take care,