FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I lost the love of my life to suicide

LYCB
Community Member
Almost a month ago now I lost my beloved partner to suicide. We had been together for almost fifteen years and were planning to start a family. We fought before he died and I think he was worried I was going to hurt myself. I feel such enormous guilt, in addition to mourning my favourite person in the entire world I’m also mourning the future we would have had together. I feel like I’m drowning.
14 Replies 14

LYCB
Community Member
Thank you Geoff - I hope so too.

LYCB
Community Member
I’m posting again because I’m really struggling to cope. People are coming in the week to help me start clearing out the shed and house, and it’s so gut wrenching to feel like the life we shared is disappearing from around me. I don’t know what to do with this emptiness.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LYCB,

Im so sorry you are struggling I understand it would be so hard for you at this time.

It would feel gut wrenching seeing all of your partners belongings disappearing around you……. I understand

Hold onto all of the beautiful memories you had together inside of you….. think of all the beautiful times you both shared together.

Your partner will always be with you and by your side.

He’s in the air that you breathe, the wind on your face , the sounds of waves crashing down and the butterflies flying around.

I believe when someone passes they are not with us in human form I believe that our bodies are our shells and our soul which is inside of us lives on just in a way of higher consciousness.

Sending you love

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear LYCB,

I am so sorry sweetheart, that your facing that devastating task...

I can understand the heartbreak that you be feeling again in sorting through and cleaning out his shed...

After my husband passed away...For me it was so heartbreaking to do that.....my son’s were with me for the major part of going through his things.....Some things I couldn’t touch...for many years later...Lots of memories again will surface for you...and I’m sure many tears will be falling for you....and that’s okay.....I do hope so much that you have someone with you that loves and cares for you, so you can lean on them when you need to...

When it all gets too much for you...please, if you can...step away and take time to breathe...I wish so much Dear LYCB...I could give you a gentle hug and reassure you that things do get better with time...but I understand that right now...you’re grieving for your soul mate, your friend, your partner...the love of your life and it doesn’t feel that way for you...

Please don’t hesitate to ring our beautiful understanding trained counsellors on 1300 22 4636...if you need to talk to someone...

We are here for you sweet LYCB...if you feel up to talking at anytime....

My kindest and warm thoughts with my care Dear LYCB..

Grandy..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello LYCB...

Just popping in to let you know I’m thinking of you...

land here for you if you feel or need to talk..No pressure...

Kind thoughts, Dear LYCB...

Grandy