FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I lost the love of my life to suicide

LYCB
Community Member
Almost a month ago now I lost my beloved partner to suicide. We had been together for almost fifteen years and were planning to start a family. We fought before he died and I think he was worried I was going to hurt myself. I feel such enormous guilt, in addition to mourning my favourite person in the entire world I’m also mourning the future we would have had together. I feel like I’m drowning.
14 Replies 14

Sophie_M
Hi LYCB,

Thank you for sharing this with us, we're so sorry for your loss. We can hear the love and care for your partner in your post, and we want to offer you our condolences at this time. It must be incredibly hard, and we can hear you are dealing with a lot of difficult feelings. Please know that you've come to a really good space to share this, full of amazing people, some of whom may be able to relate to some of what you're going through. It can't have been easy to share this here, so we're grateful that you did.

Are you connected with any grief or counselling services currently? Our lovely friends at Griefline are available 6am-midnight AEDT every day on 1300 845 745. They offer confidential counselling support, free of charge, to individuals who are experiencing loss and grief. One of the friendly counsellors will be able to offer you some support but can also provide you with advice and referrals for seeing a counsellor in a more ongoing way if this is something you might find beneficial.

We can hear you feel like you're drowning. We're sorry to hear that. We're reaching out to you privately to see if we can offer some support. Please also know that the lovely counsellors at our Beyond Blue Support Service are always available to talk through these feelings on 1300 22 4636, or you can get in touch with us online, here.

I’m sure we’ll hear from the lovely community here soon, but in the meantime, here’s some things it might be useful to have a look at: Hopefully we'll hear from the community soon. Please feel free to keep us updated on how you're going, whenever you feel ready. This community is here for you, anytime.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

LYCB
Community Member
Thank you Sophie. I have been connected to a counsellor. I don’t know how to process this grief at all so I look forward to speaking with them.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear LYCB,

A very warm and caring welcome to the forums...

I am so deeply sorry to read about the tragic passing of your partner...My deepest and most sincere condolences..

No words I could ever say, would ease your heartache..

I am pleased to hear that you have been connected to a counsellor....I hope with all my heart, that they can help you to process your grief....

Please Dear LYCB... Can I just ask you very gently to be kind to yourself....it’s important that you try hard to care for yourself....

Here for you if you ever feel like talking...about anything you feel like....

My kindest thoughts with my care...

Grandy...

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LYCB,

Im so sorry for the loss of your beloved partner.

I understand this would be so hard for you.

Please know we are all a very caring supportive community and we are here for you at this sad time.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LYCB

there are no words that can really help with your loss at this time...

my heartfelt condolences for the recent and tragic loss of your partner

as mentioned above...please be gentle to yourself

Paul

LYCB
Community Member
Thank you for your kind words. X

LYCB
Community Member
Thank you so much. I’ve only been on here since yesterday and this community has already been so helpful.

LYCB
Community Member
Thank you Paul x

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello LYCB, my utmost and sincere condolences for what you are trying to cope with and definitely appreciate it's such a difficult time for you to find the answers which you try and unravel and undoubtedly could why you seek some answers.

We really hope your counsellor can find some answers for you, that will help be able to move on.

You have our heartbreak sympathy and wish you the very best.

My best thoughts.

Geoff. x