FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I get bullied by retail assistants

Earth Girl
Community Member

A lot of people who work in stores at the shopping center went to my school and I got (and still get) bullied a lot by a lot of people I went to school with - even when they are at work. This has been going on since I started high school. For example a guy made a rumor that I was a lesbian and when I was in year 9, I was looking around in a clothing store and the two girls working there were talking about how I was a "lesbian" and were saying "ewe" and covering their faces. This was a long time ago, but I'm still hurt and annoyed about it especially since they were acting like this while at work.

Last year in October or November, I was in a different clothing store and one of the retail assistants was talking to her coworker about me and said to her "Every time I see her, I'm like, you suck. She's misogynistic. Like, if she was a man..." and I didn't hear the rest of that, but when I went to the check out to buy something the other coworker (the nice one - I hope she's nice) served me and when she had finished serving me, I walked off, but was still in the store and then the mean coworker said to her "Are you okay?" and the "nice one" laughed lightly and said "yeah" and then the mean one said "I thought to myself, I was going to check up on her, but I like watching her struggle haha" (whatever that means).

I don't see how I'm misogynistic. I seem to get called every insult ever by people from school (f*g, wife beater (I've always been single), tr*nny, sl*t, etc).

I told my parents what happened and they didn't care and I told them that I wanted to make a complaint about it and my Mum said "Just don't worry about it." My parents tell me that they want me to be happy but don't care that I get bullied.

Should/can I still report this? That coworker was being really nasty and unprofessional. I don't know if the other coworker says the same things or if she felt like she just had to go along with what her team member was saying. The "nice one" seems nice and smiles at me when I go in the store so I'm assuming she isn't bullying me as well?

3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Earth Girl, I am really sorry you have been a subject to this type of behaviour and I do believe you should report it either unanimously if you like so that no repercussions will happen.

These people need to know that all customers need to be respected because they keep this business going.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Earth Girl,

I agree with what out lovely Geoff has said…you or anyone else should not be treated that way, and by reporting these incidents of being disrespected is your right to do so….You deserve to be able to go shopping in peace without anyone taking that away from you….

My kindest thoughts and care Dear Earth Girl…

Grandy..

Earth Girl
Community Member

Thanks guys. 🙂

Could you explain to me how to report this person? I tried to look for "complaints" on the shop's page, but I couldn't find it. I would ask my parents, but they don't care and they would think it was "tattle talling".