FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I feel alone in my feelings and that no one understands me

MMMJ
Community Member

I'm currently at a point in my life where I am feeling SUPER alone. I don't really have any friends I can talk to, let alone on an emotional level. And my husband is not an emotional person at all. If I tell him about something that has happened or how I'm feeling emotionally, I feel worse then before telling him because he just kind of turns into a brick wall and doesn't actually consider my feelings or want to discuss what I'm feeling. I just get told to basically "dont worry about it" or i get told im wrong. I don't have my parents to talk to because my Dad passed when I was little, and my mum is emotionally abusive and toxic so I had to remove her from my life. I just feel so completely alone and like an alien. I'm unsure what to do. 

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling so alone right now. It can be really tough when you don't have anyone to talk to about your emotions, especially when the people closest to you aren't able to provide the support you need.

Many people experience loneliness and isolation at different points in their lives. It's important to remember that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness. Have you considered reaching out to a therapist or counselor? They can provide a safe space for you to talk about your emotions and offer guidance on how to cope with these feelings. 

What sort of things do you like to do? Maybe you could find some people online who like similar things? Just a thought. And if you want to chat some more, I'm listening....