FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling Lost

Jade357
Community Member

I have suffered with depression and anxiety in the past. Many days, it still affects me. Lately, I have been feeling so out of control of my own life. like I'm merely holding the reins and the wind is taking me in whatever direction it pleases. my home as well as my workplace feel constantly insecure and unstable. everything else feels like its on the rocks. my relationship, though usually strong and sturdy feels rocky and on edge. my friendships slowly vanishing and growing further and further as I fall deeper into this grief and feeling of being lost. my family hanging on by a thread, constant worry and concern.

how do I pull myself out of this sinking feeling and focus on the positives in my life and stop pushing everyone important to me away?

how do I establish a life full of certainty and happiness without the impending feelings of guilt and shame?

how can I put myself first when it feels like every step I take toward that is faced with two steps back in a form of a push?

I really do want to pull myself out, like I have time after time and feel like myself again.

I've tried exercise, I've tried breath work and meditation. I've tried alcohol and drugs. nothing seems to make a difference for longer than the during of the expertise or substance.

how do you put positive and healthy processes into action and keep them going?

consistency and self belief is what I lack.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M

Hey Jade357,

Welcome to the Forums - We are so glad that you have found us here 💙 Thank you for sharing your story with us.

It sounds like this has been a long journey for you and that you have tried many different ways to support yourself over time. This is something to truly feel proud of. Those feelings of sadness, guilt and shame can be so overwhelming that it can make taking these steps incredibly difficult. 

It is perfectly understandable that after trying many different things and 'pulling yourself out', you might be feeling pretty exhausted by it all. You are certainly not alone in that feeling, and it is not something that any of us should feel ashamed or angry at ourselves for. Our motivation and desire to make these changes and take positive actions changes each day. While some days we feel up to tackling larger goals, other days we might only feel able to manage something smaller. All of this still counts as progress and is something to feel proud of.

If you ever feel like talking through how your feeling, you could give the lovely Beyond Blue support service a call on 1300 22 4636, or via online chat.

Thank you once again for sharing here.  We’re here to listen and offer support, and you never know how your story might help someone else. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M