FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Egads! I am having a heckin' crisis!

EverythingsOK
Community Member

I'm a trans guy who has been dealing with depression for a while now. One of the things that's been getting me down lately is my balding. It's hard to watch my hairline recede and see more and more of my scalp every day. I've tried different treatments, but nothing seems to work. It's hard to feel masculine when my hair is falling out.

Another thing that's been weighing on me is my loneliness. Being a trans person can be isolating, especially when you're not able to connect with other people who share your experiences. I don't have a lot of friends who understand what I'm going through, and it's hard to find someone to talk to about the challenges I face as a trans person.

On top of all that, I have a prosthetic penis that's always a reminder of the body I wish I had. Sometimes it helps me feel more like myself, but other times it just makes me feel like a fraud. I wish I didn't have to resort to a fake penis to feel comfortable in my own skin.

All of these things together have been making my depression worse. It's hard to find joy in life when so much of it feels like a struggle. But I'm trying to stay hopeful and keep moving forward. I know that there are other trans people out there who are dealing with similar challenges, and I hope that someday I'll be able to find a community where I feel like I belong.

I freakin' love science!
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi EverythingsOK,  Thank you for your post today, it is wonderful that you have been able to share your story with the community. We know that it can be really difficult to take that step and ask for some help, but you never know who might read your post and feel less alone in their own experience. 

We think that QLife would be an awesome organisation to talk to as they are experts in supporting people as they work through their gender identity. You can call them on 1800 184 527 or check out their webchat.  

You can also give us a call at any time on 1300 22 4636 if you feel like talking to someone. We are here for you, and you don't have to go through this alone.  

Thank you again for your courage and for posting in such an articulate way. We hope that there is something that can you on this journey on these forums and that if you choose to call QLife they can help as well. Please feel free to keep us updated on how you are going if you feel comfortable.   Kind regards,  Sophie M