FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression stops me from getting back on track in real life

FiguringOutNextStep
Community Member

This maybe a lengthy post, bear with me.

Background: made a lot of investment losses during covid, started from scratch. 

I have been unemployed for almost 2 months and the feeling is not great. 

I have been actively looking at jobs in my field but for some reasons, for technical interviews, it could be either I didn't prepare enough or I'm not good enough. 

Looking back at my last role, I didn't get the support I needed at the start, everyday I was drowning with their expectation to complete the work, I really tried hard but it was not enough. It was difficult to keep up with the new tickets that was created, later they discovered that it would be better to let me go and replace me with someone more experienced. 

So now I'm back to the job market, without an university degree in my field and having the need to explain what happened in my last role was daunting, I did get interviews from time to time and I also got rejected a lot most of the times. And lately, I have been trying really hard to build my portfolio such as watching youtube to build my side projects. But, I don't feel like I'm very motivated these days. These feelings continue on the next day or so. 

So I'm really confused what the future has for me and I'm not sure when I would get my next role. 

2 Replies 2

David35
Community Member

You mentioned tickets. Is this for IT work? Is it worth looking into some courses (TAFE, edx.org) to boost your chances next time around?

Yes this is for IT. 

In the past, I did tried a few courses on edx.org but I didn't end up finishing the course. I can get easily bored during these online lectures and it almost feel likes a chore when following the course structure.