FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can’t believe this is happening to me

Kangaroo-77
Community Member

I have come from a family with a mother who regrets having children and we were told few times….. I could have married person but choose your father, until a younger sibling was born this seems to be a turning point, if you confront any issues you were told no one’s wants to hear what you have to say.. so years have passed I offered my mother after my dad passed to live with us to see her days out was given the young sibling wouldn’t approve.. now I have some issues with my daughter who has caused me grief…Iam in my 72 with few health problems… I used to have a fire inside of me but lost all feelings 

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Kangaroo-77~

Welcome to the Forum, I hope you will find others here who have had to cope with similar situations and see how the handled them. It is a very difficult time for you and I admire how you are trying to  deal with everything.

If I understand you correctly your mother said you were an unwanted child and even regretted marrying your dad. This would have had - and still have -a huge effect on you. A child needs and is entitled to be loved and cherished, nor seem as something of a burden. How can you know a proper relationship if you have not been brought up in one?

Can I ask what you dad was like? Was he a more loving type?

You also said when you had a younger sister things changed -does that mean she was the favored child at your expense?

I am thinking in view of the forgoing it was a very loving and generous gesture to invite your mother to live with you when your dad died. It is no small thing and does not always work out. Frankly I would have paid for my mother not to have come 😞

I would like to ask what hassles younger sister and daughter are causing? Instead of having everything on your shoulders getting some support your is really needed, no wonder the fire and feelings have (hopefully temporarily ) gone away.

I do hope you feel like coming back

Croix