FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What's cooking good looking?

Community Member
What's the deal banana peel?

There is a unique connection between what we eat and how we feel. This thread is all about sharing food ideas and recipes that are healthy or easy so we have time to look after our health while suffering from an illness or maybe just because you can.

Whats up buttercup?

A healthy body is a healthy mind and vice versa! This will be food for the soul!

Here's an idea to get the ball rolling:

I get a kaleslaw from coles pre-made, it has five super foods in it including seeds with a very healthy yoghurt dressing. This is great in wholemeal wraps with ham and cheese for lunch or as a salad with freshly grilled chicken for dinner with toasted wraps as a crunchy feel. It usually lasts 3 days and I only dress it when I eat it. Enjoy that one on me.
79 Replies 79

nowhereman
Community Member
Hi folks. Tonight i made another huge bowl of fruit salad....all diced up.half a rock melon..half a sweet pinapple.half a water melon..six shelled lychee in halves. ..or more)...two bananas...some new zealand kiwi fruit....topped off with some passionfruit yoghurt. Invite some friends/ family. And share during a dvd night. With some low calorie lemon lime & bitter with ice..... cheers.enjoy good healthy foods. Max

nowhereman
Community Member
Hi folks. My grandma always made her own version of KY CI MING i think its called.not sure of the origin.but my granfather was kiwi. She mixed cooked mince.with onion.bacon.rabbit.and maybe chicken.all broken into small peices. She added cabbage.beans.white broccoli. Peas.in another boiler she made rice.then fried the rice up .slowly adding the spices to it along with the cooked meats and vegies. In very large boiling pots. Its the greatest meal i know if.was good in the colder climate too. Rabbit mixed with bacon and chicken is amazing. Max.

Community Member

Greetings Nowhereman,

Its great to have you in the BBK. Keep sharing those awesome recipes.

Im taking some more time off. I am looking forward to getting to know you in the new year!

Hope your day is fulled with joy and happiness.

Chef Matt.

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I have been obsessed with museli recently. I thought I would share my quick and easy museli

So you can either use shop bought museli or make your own

Recipe

-muesli (I use coles brand atm as I am moving and not wanting to make my own until I move)

-greek yoghurt

-milk

chia seeds

-frozen mixed berries

Method

It's really simple. I usually use around 1/2 to 2/3 cup of muesli depending on how hungry I am. I use around 2-3 tablespoons of greek yoghurt, a few frozen berries and a tsp of chia seeds and a little bit of milk to allow the museli to soak it up. I let it soak for around 30 minutes so the muesli isn't too crunchy (you could also do it overnight)

Muesli Recipe and method

-Oats

-dried fruit such as sultanas, apricots, paw paw, cranberries. Chop up so they are in small pieces

-nuts and seeds of your choosing. Chop up in small pieces

Quick easy and healthy. To make it healthier use low fat yoghurt and milk. Choose yoghurt with no added sugar. When choosing a shop purchased muesli look at the ingredients to see how much fruit is in it, pick one with the most natural ingredients.

dueb
Community Member

Mexican source; this is our Monday dinner,in summer i use dry lentil's they cook quicker, in winter dry beans take longer to cook.onion salt basil chilly ecc.what ever you fancy.beef schnitzel cheese on top pour the source.

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I am trying to eat healthy, my problem is I love having something sweet at night. I have finally found the solution

Peanut Butter Ice cream made from banana

Ingredients

-1 banana (small to medium or large if making for two people)

-1 tablespoon of peanut butter (2 if you want a stronger flavour)

-1 scoop of protein powder or 1 serving of milo

-2 tablespoons of your choice of milk (to help blend)

optional: you can also add a few ice cubes

Method

-cut the banana up into small pieces and freeze for a few hours to overnight (note if you freeze it overnight take out 30 minutes prior to blending)

-place banana, protein powder/milo, peanut butter and milk into blender and blend until you get the desired consistency

-place into a bowl and consume (or put in freezer for half hour to re-harden if too smooth)

I absolutely loved this dessert and it helps me get my one serve of fruit a day.

Guest_128
Community Member

Hey, I have a thought about this thread,and I can't find it anywhere else,

I love cooking, I love my kids cooking, i have always encouraged them.I love people having a go,even if it fails.

One thing do find with MH is I feel I have to provide with meals,it gets very challenging sometimes when my brain/soul can't think clearly.

So this is what I would like to do with this thread(sorry trying to help)

What are you cooking for tea tonight?

Tonight I am making Tacco Burgers,

mince + powder stuff,fried in saucepan,

grate carrots,cheese,

chop up lettuce,red onion,tomatos

toast/grill burger buns

jar of salsa sauce

Let them get what they want.

Later

We're having fish and chips tonight.etc

Later

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you Starts.

What an awesome thread. What am I currently cooking, something totally made up:

Baked Lamb shanks with an egg plant, sweet potato and veggie stew.

Smells good. Can't wait.

The downer was I had 4, but when I opened 2 - they were totally off (GREEN). Will be taking them back to Woolies.

Will add some chick peas for added protein.

Getting hungry. Yum.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Pizza!

My daughter like my homemade pizza... I make the base as well. The bases keep quite well in the freezer also. So I can just pull one out of the freezer the night before I need it. Topping is effectively a meat lovers pizza.

My son likes the classic pizza margherita... But I have to use a bought pizza base for him.

Both have gone off the pizzas from fast food places.