FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Last to post wins

Mr Ploppy
Community Member

This worked quite well on another forum site.

It may float or sink on this one. We'll find out.

Don't ask what you will win being the last to post, it will be something useless.

But have a go anyway.

I'm last to post so far. Am I a winner?

1,632 Replies 1,632

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Whichever - the idea is that my existence is uncertain until the a box is opened to reveal whether I am there or not. indeed, the probability exists that I am in all or none, simultaneously.

I thinks this works out to be a simple 50/50 chance I will be in whichever box & not in wichever box... I'm not sure what they look like, of-course, but they might look like: 🎁 &/or 📦.

😺

mmMekitty

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

you remember play school and having to choose a window .... bit like that

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Okay, if I acknowledge there are six sides to a box, then one side has a '0' on it, it's opposite side has a '1' on it, another side has a '?' on it & its' opposite has a on it & the last two are vacant so you can see or pass directly through from one side & out the other.... Toss the die, Wolfie!

😺

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

got the ? mark... what does that mean?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The Uncertainty Principal is alive & well. 😺 No one knows if & when I am ever here at al, not even while I am typing.

When I say I've been fishing, unless you can smell the fish I almost caught, then how can you know if I am fishing?

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

while you were fishing, did you watch the basket that had the caught fish? or did I eat them?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Come here; let me smell you. If you smell fishy all over, even your breath, I am surely going to suspect eating. If only your fur is fishy, I am going to suspect rolling in. If the basket is entirely empty, I'm going to suspect you have a lot of mouths to feed. 😺That's okay if you are feeding others, (as well as yourself).

I don't suppose you think I can do the loaves & fishes trick? 😼

mmMekitty

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Be a miracle, if I could, wouldn't it?

If so, what would it be if I could decide where to go first, with all the food, much needed for so many people all around the world?

How would you decide? 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

is there a right or wrong answer?