FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Last to post wins

Mr Ploppy
Community Member

This worked quite well on another forum site.

It may float or sink on this one. We'll find out.

Don't ask what you will win being the last to post, it will be something useless.

But have a go anyway.

I'm last to post so far. Am I a winner?

1,632 Replies 1,632

And the philosophers got it wrong when they said that they could put 3 blind men around an elephant, one at the trunk, one at the leg, and one at the tail, and each blind person would say the elephant is the trunk, or the elephant is the leg, or the elephant is the tail. Only the sighted would believe the blind don't perceive past what we can initially feel.

Hello again, Blind_Squire_33

...& maybe sighted people are not the only people capable of remembering to use all the senses they have available to them?

Admittedly, I'd need to visit a zoo to find out what an elephant smells like, & to familiarise myself with how the skin feels,, if allowed

Then I think how the unfamiliar Australian marsupials were perceived & described to the folks back in England... 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

what can i take from your picnic basket?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Wolfie, 😺💖

You can have anything fromthe picnic basket - especially, the sandwiches. I don't know what's in them anymore, & maybe the 🐜🐜🐜won't have gotten inside the wrapping. then again, if they have, & you don't want to know about it, bear in mind, all the good protein, & the crunciness could be poppy seeds... 

Bon Appetite 😸

Oh, look, someone put a tin of tuna in here - you can have that, too. I'd rather 🎣

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey look, Wolfie, I found a 🍅, a real treat for you. 😺

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

umm. a balanced diet?

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, if you can walk around with a 🍅on your head, & eat it too, then I guess you have a balanced diet.😸 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Mind your step - I've started a 🐧Penguin colony here. Somehow, we've been overrun with 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧... surely my cloning experiments aren't bearing fruit, er, penguins, this soon. I only began playing with my new chemistry 🧬🔬🧫set yesterday. 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Pop🐧... Pop🐧.... Pop🐧... Pop🐧... Pop🐧... Quick, catch them before supply outstrips demand!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

"MIdnight, not a sound from the pavement..."🎶

Well almost, for all the difference it will make ...