FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Favourite cartoons and anime

Stressed Guy
Community Member
What is everybody's favourite cartoons and anime? I'll go first, mine are Scooby Doo and Dragon Ball Z.
19 Replies 19

sgt frog, I remember reading the manga of that. Back when Borders Books Music and cafe was still around.

Ah, those were the days... speaking of Borders, I recall a bizarre experience I had in Borders Rundle Mall, during my Year 12 art class' excursion to Adelaide.

The sales assistant working behind the register at the back of the store told me I was virtually identical to her brother in every way, from appearance to mannerisms, and even their voice. They honestly thought their sibling had arrived unannounced from New South Wales for a surprise visit! In a word: uncanny.

That's not the first time such has happened, however (technically, that particular instance was the second, happening just weeks after the first), and I've lost count of the number of times a perfect stranger has stated that, "You're virtually identical to my grandson/my best mate/some guy who used to go to my school", etc.

As many as nine other Mes milling around, out there... it'd make the perfect plot for an anime, right? Even better if it had the disclaimer, "based on true events", haha! 😄

But I digress...

Ah%2c those were the days... speaking of Borders%2c I recall a bizarre experience I had in Borders Rundle Mall%2c during my Year 12 art class%27 excursion to Adelaide.
%3cbr/%3e
%3cbr/%3eThe sales assistant working behind the register at the back of the store told me I was virtually identical to her brother in every way%2c from appearance to mannerisms%2c and even their voice. They honestly thought their sibling had arrived unannounced from New South Wales for a surprise visit%21 In a word%3a uncanny. 😲
%3cbr/%3e
%3cbr/%3eThat%27s not the first time such has happened%2c however %28technically%2c that particular instance was the second%2c happening just weeks after the first%29%2c and I%27ve lost count of the number of times a perfect stranger has stated that%2c %22You%27re virtually identical to my grandson/my best mate/some guy who used to go to my school%22%2c etc.
%3cbr/%3e
%3cbr/%3eAs many as nine other Mes milling around%2c out there... it%27d make the perfect plot for an anime%2c right%3f Even better if it had the disclaimer%2c %22based on true events%22%2c haha%21 😄
%3cbr/%3e
%3cbr/%3eBut I digress... I also recommend a series called Infinite Stratos, which offers a glimpse into a somewhat optimistic not-too-distant future. It runs the gamut from heartwarming and feel-good, to tense and edge-of-your-seat, and everything inbetween. Plus, it shows messages of acceptance and validation, which many of us could use in our lives. I'd definitely look it up if you're curious.

As far as comedy manga goes, Great Teacher Onizuka GTO (I probably spelled the last bit wrong) always got a few laughs out of me.

What a great idea!

My favorite cartoon is The Little Mermaid and favorite anime is Ghost in a Shel l

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone...🤗..

My favourite cartoons, now that’s a very hard question to answer because I have heaps of favourite cartoons, for now I’ll have to say the Flintstones and the original Tom and Jerry....I don’t know what anime is..

Ghost in the shell, ahhhh now that was a classic. I am one of the few people who actually didn't mind the live action American reboot.

"come with me, there is no place for us here"

When I was young I enjoyed comics with Richie Rich. I also liked Fred Bassett, and The Phantom. As for anime - I’ve heard the word & know that my grandchildren are “into” it but that’s the extent of my knowledge. Of course being the age I am, these new fandangle things are not half as good as in the “good ‘ole days” lol.

Clade
Community Member
Got into Death note months ago that was pretty cool.. I used to watch Naruto alot years ago, onepiece and I think Dragonball z or yugio..

Weaponsofmassdisstortion
Community Member
Well I have finished the entire series of Naruto Shippuden and I can definitely see why it has such an immense following around the world. I started watching Naruto next generation, but it just wasn't the same. It feels like I have been on a journey with some really good friends. And now I have to say goodbye to them. I really want more Naruto. This has happened to me with The Perks Of Being a Wallflower, Into the Wild, and The Wire. I want more of the same series. But I just can't find it. Does anybody else do this? They get really invested in a story and then feel sad when it is time for the story to end? I know this isn't really a major mental health catastrophe or anything, but I suppose Naruto and his friends did help me get through the first lockdown.