FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,149 Replies 2,149

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

"how did they turn out so well?"

Well I guess  large influence on how a person turns out comes from the nature, example and love given by the (in this case single) parent -so it is very largely down to you. 

BTW are either interested in bowling?

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Oh Croix....thats a hard one to answer and keeping my masquerade...let's see,  I will try.  They don't actively Bowl, as such, but both have demonstrated the ability required to be able to do so..ie. being in full view and interacting with a watching crowd.  One dabbled some years ago, but used his gifts down a different avenue. i.e. one that makes money...as you would know there can be very lean times for bowlers, and he likes the nice things in life...his chosen avenue has taken him to all places around the world, so he has used any gifts I have passed down to him in a satisfying way.    (How did I do with the answer to your question?)

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

"but used his gifts down a different avenue"

Shudder - don't tell me he was seduced by all the glamor into  10-pin bowling? Actually I tried 10-pin bowling once, they were very considerate, there is this gutter thingy that guides you ball down to the end of the alley. I saw some pins down there, I wonder what they are for.

Have you been doing any more work for Mr Scrooge?

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix.....yes I finished some just before my big game started and now beginning some more for him.  He's getting very elderly now and I have to wonder who will slow down first...him or me?  I feel I am already beginning...I don't get excited about the work which involves interaction usually by phone with others...its becoming a chore (well I guess that is what "work"" is after all) to appear keen and enthusiastic...it goes over well thank God.   I feel I am ready to throw the towel in actually....don't think I need the distraction to help me through my recent grief period....but this man needs me..he really does. He couldn't find anyone else interested or have the qualifications or experience....how can I be the reason for his family business going down the drain?  

10 pin bowling..???? No, my goodness...I will just say more music is involved than in my bowling...he is popular with the crowds, he has the personality or if feeling tired, can fake it, as his mother can.  Lights, music, noise, dancing...thats where he is! Addicted to the adrenalin like his mother.  Wish I could buy a bottle of it at the Chemist...its a natural chemical produced in the body for Gods sake...why don't they bottle it?

I am not the slightest bit interested in 10 pin bowling...I am not into Sports at all. hahaha.....but if I had to pretend I was, I could do that as you realise.  Sorry I do go to Pilates ...thats about it.   Moon. S

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

" Lights, music, noise, dancing...that's where he is! "

Your son sounds like  Louis Armstrong reincarnated, sounds like fun

Yes, I"m sure you could fake it when it came to 10-pin bowling, in fact I'm sure you could fake anything at all, including the smart buniness woman on the phone.

You have been with Scrooge for a fair while now, and while it is only natural for some of the enthusiasm to seep away I'd expect it is rather nice to be relied upon and know you keep things from disaster. Besides how else could you pay to emulate Imelda and have closet bulging with boots?

One of the nicest  things you said was "don't think I need the distraction to help me through my recent grief period." While I'm sure there are still ups and downs I'm glad life is returning.

"Music makes one feel so romantic - at least it always gets on one's nerves - which is the same thing nowadays."

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix......my back's been playing up so may give bowling away for a short time...anyway, Shakespeare needs me just now...he didn't mind the odd hunchback or two!......Hope you are well...what have you been doing?    Moon S x

(got a favourite quote of his you'd like to share?)

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon and All~

Well, I"m sorry about your back, you will just have to play the more lighthearted matches.

As for me, I remain Sumo Cat's most obedient servant.

I also took Mrs C out ot the movies this evening followed by a slap-up feast at that well known Scottish restaurant (I sure know how to show a lass a good time:)

as for quotes:

Well I guess you have a choice

"Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.”

then there is the more sensible version of that famous ending

"A Lear Jet, A Lear Jet, my kingdom for a Lear Jet!

(After all who would be silly enough to want a horse for a decent getaway?)

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix...re quotes I Was referring to were those Shakespeare, a lot of which may no  sense or seem to fit exactly where they should.  Anyway it is a reprise of little bit of froth and bubble I've done before and  I can twist it around a bit and have  a bit of fun.   LIFE IS A TALE BY AN IDIOT, FULL OF SOUND AND FURY, SIGNIFYING.....nothing!!   (I like this one don't you?

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Having been a really really naughty prince and having just heard of the death of Lady M it's not surprising he comes out with this. I'd prefer to think life does have significance, hopefully a path littered with kind deeds, but then again I do not have an opposing army breathing down my neck 😞

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix...my trip approaches quickly now and just finished my gift buying, little things that'll fit into a suitcase hopefully and better to take rather than post...wish me luck, I am not the best packer.  Imagine if you will, of course my cat care arrangements were the first thing I did, a new place but handier to mine and I checked it out...really impressed.  Had a vacancy, excellent references...very relieved. recommended by friend..good!!  then out of the blue on a Sunday, got a message from lady..cancelling!!!  due to her own serious personal situation just arising could not guarantee where she would even be on the dates booked...I went into panic mode of course, but knew I could not stay like this....it took heaps of ringing and booking and thinking and asking advice...it was horrible..horrible!   co inciting times with flights and arrivals and pick ups etc.....but...I got through it.   I got place I'd been to before, had vacancy, arranged times to coincide, even paid for stay asap...arranged relative to pick up for me when I got home in case plane late etc...and less stress for me....Now its all done, presents bought etc...is this why I am so TIRED!  I'm exhausted...and of course the small Shakespeare piece lurks in the background waiting for me too but should be tale told by an idiot....which is probably what this post is!!       Did I do OK Croix?  Do I feel guilty now for needing to rest? Is it more mental than physical exhaustion?  Can I do this?