FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,149 Replies 2,149

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Mk~

You said "Thank you for ...the link". Your wish, no matter how superfluous, is my command.

Besides it might have been hidden under a pile of penguins, - they seem to be on the increase again 🙂

-C

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is Spring after all, so you can expect them to be doing what all birds & bees, flowers & trees, do ...  

Penguins pile up, while inebriatd kiwis spread out ... on lawns, footpaths, rooves,  even icebergs ....

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Croix and MK,

I swam by Professor Porpoise the other day who did seem to be doing an experiment with a penguin replicating machine. So there could be more to the over abundance of penguins. He was peering over his glasses at the calculations on his machine. He may have accidentally overdone the penguin replication. I'm not sure if he knows how to reverse it, as penguin after penguin keep popping out of it!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Professor Porpoise pops out penguins,

Perfectly plump popping penguins.

Professor Porpoise's primary purpose

Is to pump the pedal,

Which perpetuates

The production of plump penguins.

Pop...plop. Pop...plop. Pop...plop....

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Masterful poetry MK! Penguins waddling everywhere 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

Goodness knows what else is going on in Professor Porpoise’s undersea laboratory.

I was going to make a joke in Worst Joke Wednesday to do with porpoise and purpose. But you’ve beaten me to it with your elegant alliteration poem.

I wonder if we can read poems to Croix? I imagine he will be hoping it is not akin to Vogon poetry - from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It would be rather interesting to see if the kiwis are able to recite poetry. It would be quite an experience.

Hugzies (as much as a stingray is able with flappy flappers).

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If you can interpret what the kiwis are reciting, it may well sound like  

“...  Emoh og ot yaw eht em wohs ...” 

You can always put your joke on Worst Joke Wednesday, ER. It okay if I have spoiled the punch line - that'll only make it 'Worster'.

Would you just look at that brow of Croix?s? Does it not look both high-brow & low-brow? I'm sure anything that is remotely poetic will charm & delight him. Don't worry, if you have a little limerick, or a 30 verse balad, (provided it fits within the inaccurate 2500-character count, I'm sure he'll swoon.

Hugzies

mmMekitty 

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There was a kiwi named George

On marshmallows he loved to gorge

He staggered about

With a bottle of stout

Then tumbled over and snorged 

”Snorge” is a special word developed for kiwis because their snoring has such a unique timbre it required its own vocabulary.

Yes, MK, I will head over to Worst Joke Wednesday, even though it’s Friday, and see if I can make a worst joke worster 😂

Hugzies,

ER

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

P.S. MK I have just deciphered the kiwis’ recitation - “Show me the way to go home”. At first I thought it was their special version of the chant Om mani padme hum mantra.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

A kiwi has a beaky snoot

Its private life is a hoot

With empty bottles all around

In corners snoring it is found

Croix (So what do you expect from a walrus -Shakespeare's sonnets?)

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

[LRC grins & has a good laugh].

Well done, ER, but may I tweak it a bit - the last line, I have changed to:

& tumbles, engorging a gorge*.

(* It was a small gorge so only needs one kiwi to engorge it. of-course, we have as many small gorgess there are kiwis)

Hugzies

mmMekitty