FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,088 Replies 2,088

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear The-lot-of-you~

I can hear you all plotting to take over my iceberg again and make horrible noises, it's not going to happen!

Having finally shoo'ed all those remaining kiwis away (argumentative litle so and so's with a nasty peck) there is no way I'm going though all that again.

Even wiht DB's extra de-lux earmuffs I had a headache for days from the raucous tootling and the way off-key singing (singing?). I was tripping over streamers and party-poppers for a week.

mmEkitty's idea of penguins joining the fray is a tad hopeful. The live in the southern hemisphere and walruses in the far north. So no penguins - unless they hitch a ride with those kiwis I suppose.

The best I can offer is a QUIET game of cards in my igloo with MM and anyone else that promises (and means it:) to behave.

What card game you ask - fish of course!

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Cleaned🐟&🐠scaled-🐡YUM!🦈&🍣for🍥dessert!

mmmmm Wonder where I put 🎉my🎇 party🎈 gear? I know, I only just put stuff away, but I got so much stuff

Did you get your hanper🧺Croix? I know there are delays in the post. so I sent it via express🛸currier. Hope the 👽& pet👾don't start experimenting with the contents. That could get really messy.

HI DB! Hope you had a good Xmas

mmMekitty

Moonstruck
Community Member

Dear Croix

"The time has come" {this time it's Alice saying it.) Wait till all those raucous party goers and rabble move along or run out of energy...the the Carpenter will again feel safe enough to visit and you can go for a long walk along the beach at dusk, knowing your ice berg is safe while you both solve all the world's silly problems. Honestly the people that"run"this place are getting sillier and sillier...."Why they're nothing but a pack of cards"

"Off with their heads!"

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm resurfacing the band stand, in readiness for New Year's Eve celebrations.

I would like to round up the band, 'Waking the Walrus', if everyone is amenable?

The line up:

🎙 Moonstruck
🥁DB
🎷Summer Rose
🎺Smallwolf
🎸Jo & LD
🪕Quirkywords
🎻Grandy
🥥Harpbird
🎹app on 📱 mmMekitty
🥄🥄 Doolhof
🎐 Monkey Magic
Kazoo - The Blonde Guy, Paul
Harpsicordian Mum Chris
Fogwhistle Elizabeth CP
Euphonedrum Sleepy
With the Slippery Singers:🐧Hanna, 🐧Added, 🐧Matchy, 🐧Paws &🐧On the Road, & any other 🎙 Moonstruck
🥁DB
🎷Summer Rose
🎺Smallwolf
🎸Jo & LD
🪕Quirkywords
🎻Grandy
🥥Harpbird
🎹app on 📱 mmMekitty
🥄🥄 Doolhof
🎐 Monkey Magic
Kazoo - The Blonde Guy, Paul
Harpsicordian Mum Chris
Fogwhistle Elizabeth CP
Euphonedrum Sleepy
With the Slippery Singers:🐧Hanna, 🐧Added, 🐧Matchy, 🐧Paws &🐧On the Road & any other 🐧🐧🐧 who want to join in.
& by special invitation: Croix📯

😹

mmMekitty

Yes, Moonstruck, you are drafted! & don't tell me you cannot sing -I've heard you behind the clouds.

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon (aka Queen of Hearts)~

Yes I will be far from the parties on new Year's Eve. I've a very long standing tradition that Mrs C and I do walk along a beach (so you were right on that) at midnight and watch a distant fireworks display over the water put on - for just our benefit no doubt - by a kindly city council.

Such fixtures in one's life, even they are only modest ordinary things, do grow in importance over the years and are looked forward to.

There a rocky places in the sea with seaweed, and long stretches of sand. If windy we rug up (and avoid Foxy Dog who tends to challenge the waves and get drenched), and if calm gently stroll along, just missing getting wet near the swish of the water traveling up the sand and back.

We have coffees from a thermos and biscuits (FD has water, but some of our biscuits too), then we drive for an hour or so to get home on deserted roads.

I'm afraid we do not solve any of the world's problems at all, but for a while our own recede.

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear mmMekitty~

I'm most impressed by the lineup and also the number of icons employed. I believe you must have hidden talents for organizing concerts.

While I'm humbly grateful to receive a special invitation to my own igloo -humph - I do have a musical request:

The Sounds of Silence, by Paul Simon (the Marcel Marceau version please)

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not 'Silence is Golden' (Four Seasons)?

However, you surely appreciate anything performed by Waking The Walrus will not be quiet, let alone silent.

You'll hear us from the beach. I hope we don't spoil the ambience, too much.😸I& are in synch with the fireworks.🎆

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️to you & yours

mmMekitty

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Croix, Kitty, Moon, Deebi and band members...

Unfortunately I’m a bit apprehensive on being on our gentle Croix’s iceberg....with so many band members, then all of the sea creatures that our friendly Walrus has made , as well as his friends here...I am unsure if the ice berg will hold us all, it’s bound to start breaking away from all the dancing, and music vibrations...It may even sink!.....and I am no swimmer these days.....So I will gracefully but also humbly decline if that’s okay..,,Although I might pop in from time to time throughout the night, if I cannot sleep...

I will be watching this year end it’s final day, by sitting on our town’s dam wall, The view from their is amazing, with a first class view of the mountains where the sun sets behind...Yep I’ll just be sitting their, watching the sun setting for the last time of 2021...remaining their until the night sky lights up with millions of sparkling stars...then home to sleep......Waking up early and hoping to see the first sunrise starting off the first day of our new year 2022 while sitting on my front veranda....having a pancake breakfast...with a pot of tea...

Beautiful song Croix, the sounds of silence, as is Silence is golden, Kitty....I’ll add to them, Bridge over troubled water, also, In the arms of an angel and to fall asleep with Cliff Richard’s Millennium Prayer...which will hopefully give me a peaceful sleep until the New Year’s first Sun Rise...

My kindness thoughts of peace everyone..

Grandy....

Moonstruck
Community Member

No Croix...you can relax. I won't be joining the festivities I gather have been planned for your iceberg but wish you a Happy New Year....is that phrase redundant or will it have some meaning this coming "covid" year? I shall wait until the festivities die down...and perhaps join you and the Carpenter in a quiet walk along your beach at dusk on New Years Day.......because as you so wisely said "The time has come to speak of many things...of shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings"

If you so desire I could even throw in a monologue or two.....