FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Corrupted Wishes

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Grant a wish, make a wish... but beware the next person who grants it will add a little sting in the tail 🙂

It goes like this... I wish that I could sing.

Granted, but now everything you say or think will come out in a song like you are in a musical.

So I'll start.

I wish I could eat anything and not become fat.

27 Replies 27

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted! But now you will have to pass your air highways learners permit & have restricted air space.

I wish I could eat all my favourite comfort foods & lose weight at the same time.

(I would love to be a blue bird singing in tune - what a beautiful image. Also I have wanted to fly, by myself with no props or assistance since I was a little girl. I dreamed often of flying from my house to my nanna's!)

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, but now every time you eat a favourite you start shrinking a little each time.

I wish that I could be awfully social and gregarious

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, but now you're going to be struck with laryngitis!!

I wish that I could understand all Stephen Hawking's theories about the formation of the universe.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, but now you have to live with the horror and bad dreams that contemplating entropy brings.

I wish for contentment, or if I can't have that, World Peace.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, but now you are going to be so bored you'll be wishing it was you that had to solve the problem of entropy!!!

I wish I could sing like a female Pavarotti!!

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, but now you are living out your days behind a beautiful green hedge in the Yarra Valley to obtain privacy and we will be renaming the Pavlova and the Melba Highway in your honour.

I wish I could sail away in a pea green boat.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, you'll be enjoying floating away in your pea green boat but you'll be struck down with motion sickness.

I wish I could grow my own vegetables in a beautiful vegetable garden.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, however, now you are such a green thumb that the vegetables all grow to several metres and you have enough to make soup for the entire city.

I wish that I could dream my house flying and transport it to London, and Hong Kong or Buenos Aires in the morning.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted, however, your poor little house is going to need so much more upkeep - painting, cleaning windows etc etc - because of all the different climatic conditions, you'll be too busy to fly!!

I wish that I could write the great Australian novel, receive lots of kudos & money.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Granted but now the fame has caught you in her sights and you feel the urge to find respite in a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains. A place of far horizons, and jewel-sea, the beauty and the terror - The wide brown land for thee!

I wish I were a duck.