FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

CHRISTMAS 2018/NEW YEARS Chillout Lounge

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Everybody! Christmas is the time of year to enjoy & share with family & friends. Some people will spend this time alone & isolated too!
This is a safe place where people can post and say hello, chat or send wishes to others and have a 'Virtual Christmas/New Years'!
Whether you have plans for Christmas/New Years or having a quiet one you can kick back and just enjoy company of others. Its been a long year. Even if you have never posted on Beyond Blue before you are very welcome to come in and sit around our 'Virtual Christmas Tree' and chat 🙂
You asked for this Paul here it is for all.
Santa (AKA Kanga Peter) Ho Ho! 🙂
535 Replies 535

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff....thankyou for taking the time to post. I understand that Christmas is a sad (and sometimes painful) time of year as the memories dont leave us alone.

Whenever you have the time you are more than welcome to support others that are doing it hard here

My Kind thoughts as always...Paul

Hi Everyone 🙂

Does anyone know the date when a Christmas tree goes up? Or even if it matters?

Have a great day

Paul

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Paul

December 1 i believe is the official date.

cmf x

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Thanks heaps CMF for the help. Thought I would make the effort this year 🎅🎅🎅

Hi All,

That is an interesting question Pasul as to if there is an official date for the Christmas Tree to be put up. December 1st does seem logical like CMF pointed out.

I'm sure I have heard in the past of some people only putting up their tree Christmas Eve!

Here in South Australia, this weekend is the Christmas Pageant weekend in Adelaide. I've heard a few people over the years say they put up their Christmas trees and decorations after the Christmas Pageant.

My sister left her tree and decorations up for a whole 12 months or more one year as she said the colours cheered her up so much!

I have heard of others who wrap plastic or huge garbage bags around their Christmas trees after Christmas, return the tree to the ceiling space or the garage as it, then take the plastic off next year and the tree is all sorted.

We haven't heard from either of our families yet as to what they are doing for Christmas.

Cheers all from Mrs. Dools

Hehe ah Mrs D I can't say I've ever left the tree up (our family rule is the tree is up Dec 1 and is removed before new years day). But I like to leave the twinkle lights up. They are my favourite.

What a shame noone felt like answering about the xmas decorations yet.

My favourites are the four little ceramic foxes on ribbons Mum gave me once.

Hi MrsDools

Your sister has an interesting point about leaving the tree up all year as it looked so good and made her feel happy too! I dont think she would be the only one. When do you take your tree down?...and also what does the ' Christmas Pageant weekend' involve?

Hey Quercus....I hear you on the 'old christmas decorations from our parents as they mean so much....not to mention the sentimental value they hold for us.....I have a some as well...they are a treasure to me. Where was the reference about the Christmas decorations that no one answered yet? ( sorry....I just cant see it..)

If there are any posters that arent looking forward to Christmas (and there are many) you are more than welcome to post too!

My Kindest

Paul

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I love the decorations my kids made in kinder and the angel or star I pit at the top.

dont know yet how I'm feeling about it but might hang out here. Feeling a bit lost in the cafe, so many new people, which is great but Kanga's not there and it feels strange (sorry, don't mean to offend anyone)

think im a bit lost.

Hi Paul,

Mrs D asked a while ago...

Does anyone have a favourite Christmas decoration or one they always wondered as a child "What is that doing on the Christmas tree?"

I liked the question. It seemed appropriate. I find Christmas hard because I am reminded of people I miss.

Lots of things like decorations and music. And traditions we carry on but don't feel the same anymore.

I was wondering if anyone else felt like that too I suppose.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Country Music Festival, I hear you about being feeling lost as there has been some confusion happening here. I still believe that peter is reading every word we write. You never offend anyone as you have a kind heart....I hope that Kanga can post and say hello...he has been an important part of the forums

Hi Quercus....I hear you there for sure...Its a sad time of year for me too. I sometimes feel the older we get the less 'magic' Christmas is in our hearts and thanks for the reference Quercus/ from MrsDools 🙂

"Does anyone have a favourite Christmas decoration or one they always wondered as a child "What is that doing on the Christmas tree?"

I only have a small handful of really nice decorations back from the early 1960's when I was a toddler..no laughing 😉 I treasure these more than anyone would know.....a couple of small solid plastic Santas....and an old cross for the top of the tree that still has a tiny bit of tinsel on it.....

Thankyou CMF Quercus and MrsDools....Hugs.....Paul x