FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Sorry Sleepy 21 I think you got a reply that was not meant for you so in reference to your post, however in reply your post may well be that the practitioner does not want to expose you to infection so has decided on balance that it is better to use telehealth to help you.

Hi MagicDragon, sorry to hear that this is so hard and yes it is hard for everyone, but your problems are the ones that matter to you and your mental health. This is difficult so perhaps there is a way to help you can see your boy friend, can you set up a bubble with him? you mentioned you live alone so maybe he can set up a bubble with you. Another option is that you did not say how far from you he is so maybe if it is less than 10klm you could meet half way a ta park. A problem is only a question that an answer has not been found for. Also beyondblue is a good place to help you though this, thankyou for reaching out.

Fantastic and positive post Resilience21, we all need that kind of thought process, this is not a pleasant time it is just a time which will pass. It is a challenging time but a time that makes everyone stronger yes its hard but does not define us.

Winterz
Community Member
I'm sure plenty of us dream of going overseas but there are much more important things to consider right now.

I like this! Especially taking it one day at a time. It's less overwhelming that way.

Winterz
Community Member
I wonder how people are staying motivated? The hardest part is each day, getting the latest update and finding out that despite all the restrictions, nothing is improving, the numbers continue to rise and it's hard to feel like there's any end in sight. I know I should be grateful for my health but depression is flooring me. I see people out running and I'm truly inspired by their obvious mental strength.

Tbh it actually helps.

As far as an end in sight though yeah , that is a bit of a worry for sure . Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any silver bullet going on OS although l suppose vaxing has at least slowed it a bit , it;'s def a start.

l'm thinking someone in the world is gonna come up with a super jab though in the next 6mths , and that'll be the one that really stops this thing.

rx

Hi I have issues related to using telehealth

It's not just a preference, the triggers from seeing my face on screen has affected my health.

So was just venting and saying I dislike telehealth

I also hate my face on the screen. I leave video off or ask for a.phone call. I have to use the video for hand therapy as they need to see my hand but psych appointment they don't have to see my face even though they might prefer it. I can't talk freely with my face in front of me. I'm too focused on how bad i look.

I agree Sleepy and Elizabeth CP,

I don't like looking at my own face the whole time on a screen either... there are mirrors for that lol.

For all my endless Zoom meetings for work with bosses and colleagues, I PURPOSELY set up my laptop facing OUT to the bay and the glare darkens my face, I LOVE it lol!!
Everyone tries to PEER into the screen to see my reactions and they can only see a silhouette 😎😉.
I'll continue to do this.

For Clients I don't do this btw. They're awesome. I want them to see every bit of my face because I'm always cheering them on! They're ANGELS.

There are SOME choices I do still have and that's two of them 🙂

A WARM BELATED Welcome Stui and Resilience21!
Hope you find the forums a wonderful place to express yourselves.

R21, I hope your thoughtful suggestions help people, but I won't call lock down anything other than what it is.
Lock down.
I'm far too pragmatic to sugar coat this whole situation.

If I try to call a friend, there are so many sirens and helicopters overhead we can't hear each other.
Seeing people being arrested EVERY time I go out in my car is extremely confronting to me and my children.
"Lock down" is a far more friendly term than what feels like an apocalypse here.

I'm also rather sensitive to the possibilities of having others think I'm invalidating them if they're struggling through this time. Or worse, minimising their experiences or being dismissive all together if I call it anything else rather than what it is.

Reminiscent of a woman who hadn't given birth telling me that Labour was "waves of 'sensations' coming and going" lol.... get outta tha house!
I hope she had as many labours as I did and changed her vernacular - fast!

So what I'm meaning is that we don't really know HOW people are coping, what each individual is going through in their specific situations.

But I'm so happy that these thoughts assist you.

Many Blessings and good luck with your book!!

Love EM