FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I feel like I’m burning.

Flapmon
Community Member

I also feel like I’m going crazy. I’ve been having panic attacks prior to the even that set this all off and now I’m just in a constant panic, my skin is burning - there’s a lump in my throat, it’s hard to breathe. I’m getting headspins and I just don’t feel right. All I want to do is sleep but I don’t have the ability to do that when I’m a single mum.

I ended up ringing the ambulance lastnight, sat at the hospital for hours, my whole body on fire with hot flushes and if I looked down I felt like I was going to pass out. The doctor put it down to an anxiety disorder, gave me some phenurgen and sent me home.

I’m on medication, only just on it though and am waiting for it to kick in but was told it’d get worse before it gets better. 1-2 weeks... I don’t know how to calm myself down, I can’t.. and even if I am there’s still something there like a headspins or waves of anxiety.

had me thinking lastnight that maybe there was something they missed, even though the health check came back as I’m absolutely fine.

I dont know what im doing anymore.

7 Replies 7

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Flapmom..

Welcome to the forums...

Im really sorry that your struggling so much with anxiety..I’m just a person like you that also has anxiety attacks and have been for a few years now...I’ve learnt to recognise the first signs and start straight away to try to ground myself...We have a thread here called “grounding yourself what is it and how do we”...you can search in the search bar above to find it..theirvis a lot of ideas on how to ground yourself in the thread..you can join in on the tthread ask questions if you feel up to it..

I start to try to calm me down by deep breathing in for 5.. hold for 6 and out for 5.. I do that a few times..then I try to do a few different ways to help calm me down further by doing something I like....I mostly I love watching the flickering of scented candles, so I’ll light a few, while I’m watching them I’ll put on a instrumental, select one instrument and fully concerntrate on it right through the song, listening to nothing else. The mind can only concerntrate on one thing at a time..by redirecting your thoughts off your body and onto the music or whatever you find works for you..hopefully will stop your thoughts of your anxiety attack and bring you back to the here and now...

Im not sure if I helped at all, but wanted to let you know that your not alone and that I/ do care about you....

Please if you feel up to it, let us know how you’re getting on..Sending you some caring hugs....if that’s okay I would like to sit with you and hold your hand...hoping to hear back from you, about how your feeling..

kind thoughts..

Grandy

Flapmon
Community Member

I’ve actually been in contact with one of the counsellors here, I explained my situation and she said it seems to be that dealing with what I did has sent me into “frozen” mode and not flight or fight mode. It also seems my psychological issues have turned severely physical.

I just gotta have patience that this will go away and pray that my tablets start working soon because it’s affecting me a lot

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Flapmon,

Thank you for your update, I have spoken to the councillors here a couple of times, and they are really kind, helpful and caring..Well done for doing that...It’s really hard to do at times...

Im not going anywhere dear Flapmon, and anytime you feel like talking or venting here is the place to come..and there will be many more that can pop in from time to time to say hello and offer their insight and suggestions...

Take good care of you and be as gentle as you can with you...

Caring thoughts..

Grandy..

Bo11
Community Member
I have been in frozen mode and felt my body burning. That was 2 years ago and I never had it again. It will pass babe.😘😘

Flapmon
Community Member
How long did it take for you to get out of it?

Flapmon
Community Member
The thing that’s sticking with me is the headspins and feeling like I have shortness of breath. The headspins are horrible because I can’t have my head in a certain way and at times dehabilitating because I dread getting up and walking around.

KSGBT
Community Member

Hi ya.  Nah your not going crazy.  I had a massive one a few nights ago.  Felt like a near death experience.  They do pass, but some come on like waves.  You do get through them.  Uncomfortable though.