FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

feeling useless , nervous(coward feeling), social phobia, low swlf esteem

karan
Community Member

Can't stay postive  i am 24/m cos I had panic attack 10 months ago and feeling nervous and sacred all the time  because I dont want another panic attack I hate the feeling of pani attack thats make me worry 24/7 which leads to anxiety and depression I am just been diagnosed with anxiety and depression feelng bit ashamed cos its related to mental health feeling low about myself I was at clif b4 10 months at work but haven't really work from 10 months , atm cant go out cos I am sacred if I hv panic attack and even a small things trigger the anxiety sacred to stay alone but only with my gf 

2 Replies 2

amamas
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Karan

It sounds as though things are intensely hard for you at the moment!

Have you spoken to your GP about how much your fear is taking from your life?

I always say this so no doubt sound like a broken record but the online and phone support provided by beyondblue is exceptional.  They have kept me breathing so many times.

Once my anxiety levels were so high they were flying somewhere around Jupiter, all I was trying to do was find a Dr open on the weekend.  I couldn't think straight and the more I tried the worse I got.  Thank goodness I thought to call beyond blue!!  They helped me breath while they found the Dr I needed. Crisis averted!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is please reach out.  I know how you're feeling right now is a mixed bag of crippling emotions so doing anything except surrendering to the fear seems impossible.  However you posted on here which is a big step - well done!

So if you can type on here could you type to a counsellor on the beyondblue helpline?  They are there between 4pm and 10pm.  I say that first because I much prefer typing to phoning - my anxiety skyrockets on the phone and I can't think straight.

However if phone calls ok for you they are there 24/7 and they are so caring, understanding, informative and this has always helped me - so CALM.

Thinking of you Karan and wishing you all the best

Keep in touch

cheers amamas

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Karan

I can relate to your post about panic attacks.  For me I was having panic attacks while driving home in the dark. It got to the point where I would call Lifeline and then 000. A few occasions I had the police turn up and help me get home safely.  At the time I thought I was dying, couldn't breathe properly and my heart was racing.  But after seeing my psych (which I have been seeing for 3 yrs) he has helped me work out an action plan of what to do in case of panic attacks.  

I think you need to see your GP for a mental health plan to see a psych.  The psych will give you some helpful advice on how to deal with your anxiety and panic attacks.

I actually had a panic attack while on the plane flying home yesterday. I tried deep slow breathing but it got worse to the point where I fainted.  So I guess I need to discuss this with my psych to work out some plan of how to handle this better if it happens next time (which I hope it doesn't because it felt horrible).

Good luck and i hope you let us know how you go

Jo