FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling broken at the moment

Clarissa26
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am not sure where to start but I feel like reaching out may be a start. I feel so much at the moment, lost broken, sad. I feel like I take on everyone else's worries. My husband has not been himself, worrying about money matters and that makes me worry. I hate it. I feel sick in the stomach, hot skin, want to just curl up in a ball and cry. I am also finding it hard to sleep so I am just tired.

I often say to myself the storm will pass but I am hating being in the storm at the moment. My sister always tells me when  I feel like this I need a plan to find my way out, I just feel so foggy at the moment I am not sure where to start. I am going to make an appointment with my GP to talk about stuff.

I just hate this feeling.

2 Replies 2

JED1980
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Clarissa26

Reaching out and asking for help is the first step.

It can be confronting and difficult, but it can be empowering too.

Its hard when you feel the way you do. I have been there, and still sometimes end up there on occassion.

From what i have read, you sound totally overwhelmed with things at the moment? Would that be right? 

Whilst I can't tell you what to do, i can tell you what I do.

Every morning, i get up, i find 5 things i am grateful for, and why. This starts my day off in a positive way.

I have had to teach myself to go, is this something i can change? Is this my problem? If the answer is no, then i have to shrug it off. Easier said than done, i know! 

When i find myself feeling down, or sad or lost, i take 5 minutes to breathe. 

Then if im able, i go and do something for myself.

I think seeing your GP and being open and honest with them will be great. They can then refer you to someone professional who can help you form that plan.

We are always here to listen and help if we can.

Look after yourself

Jx

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Clarissa26,

I am sorry you are feeling this way, that must be tough on you. It is common for someone as caring and concerned about other's wellbeing like yourself. It is great that you are taking the steps to see your GP - that's a good start to working through things. The feeling WILL pass, it might take some time and some help, but it will! Have you spoken to your husband about this? It might be worth getting his perspective and working through this together to ease the burden on both of your minds.

I hope things improve soon,

Jaz xx