FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can someone help me in the right direction please.

BXTC88
Community Member
I seriously need help, I have attacks before I leave my house, while driving to places I've been before and new places, attacks while at those places which is highly embarrasing because I feel like I loose control of my bladder and bowel. And yes this is very hard to type and express what I'm going through. I can't even get to my doctor about it, I have 3 kids also which I feel is highly slack to them because being a single mum and can't get a foot out of the door. Can someone suggest a first step to help with this from home for now. I know signing up to here is a very small start.
6 Replies 6

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear BXTC88~

I'd like to welcome you here to the Forum, I'm glad you came. Yes writing down what is happening to you is a hard task, a person can feel helpless, embarrassed, frightens, ashamed and all sorts of things -and all will be wrong. You have done exactly the right thing.

Well a first step I would think should involve a doctor understanding exactly how you feel - in an extended consultation, and at the moment most people can use tele-health with a phone or smartphone or tablet/laptop, to have a consultation. That way even if you can't leave the house, or feel your body is going to betray you while out (I have been that way too and traveled from toilet to toilet) you can still get help.

It may take a few phone calls to find a place, I think at the moment there is even bulk billing on the go -though I'm not positive about that.

Being a single mum is a huge task, and nobody who has not been there will have any idea of the stress, pressure and plain exhausting work involved. You love your kids and do the best you can. No parent can do more.

Can I ask if you have a family member or freind who you can talk to who will simply understand and care? Trying to keep on with all this on your plate by yourself is particularly hard.

You know you are welcome here anytime.

Croix

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi BXTC88

Welcome and good on you for having the courage to post as anxiety of any level can be a horrible to have. I understand your pain as I have also experienced the same symptoms with driving and various destinations

Making a double appointment with your GP is an excellent start as they can help provide us with some peace of mind during this awful time. Even a telephone appointment without the video is always helpful to begin with!

I know that our digestive system does react to even low level anxiety..This is another symptom of anxiety that is very common to have

Any questions are always welcome BXTC88...You are not alone

my kind thoughts

Paul

BXTC88
Community Member
I have one friend who is in another state at the moment. They can be around me and my attacks are only small. Besides that I'm on my own, and my family unfortunately won't be supportive or understand what I'm going through.
Like this happens even when I go to a normal routine Coles or Woolworths, I'm so over it 😭 It just keeps getting worse and worse

BXTC88
Community Member
The most frustrating part is that I have been to 3 different doctors, I told them exactly what's wrong and told them I have had previous mental health issues and got knocked back from help. Even from a counsellor. And the 4th doctor just signed me a script for medication and sent me on the way, like I know medication can help but is this medication I have now going to help with the condition I have.

Hey BXTC88

I understand your pain and anguish with doctors..yet they are a key that helps us get out of anxiety issues

Just sharing....I refused meds for my chronic anxiety and my symptoms only exacerbated..Can I ask if you trust your GP's ? I really hope you are doing okay

we are here and listening

Paul

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear BXTC88~

I do not know if the meds will help, everyone is different. I do know that sometimes they can take a while to settle down and work properly and in the interim may have unexpected side effects. May I suggest you keep in close contact with your GP if you start to feel unusual effects.

Having not found the correct doctor as yet is very frustrating and one can sometimes wonder if success is possible. My own experience has by and large been a good one. I ended up with a GP for very many years who was perceptive and prepared to take trouble. My psychiatrist is the same. It took a while but I got there.

Is your freind likely to return when the restrictions are lifted?

Croix