FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anyone else terrified of alarms

SilverLight
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have a serious fear of house alarms/fire alarms etc... I deathly fear setting off the house alarm or something having a fault and going off while I'm alone or in the middle of the night because the noise instills worst fear in me... I'm talking refusing to walk under a smoke alarm for days in case it goes off again or having to leave the house and refusing to go back in until I'm no longer alone... It's absolutely terrifying for me... Anyone else??
1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello SilverLight, the fear of alarms is known as Igniterroremophobia not only is it a long name but also a great fear that you have and if it is to go off during the night it would install such fear in knowing what to do.

Any phobia is a part of our life that we don't want to have, and in saying that I have a phobia/fear of fluttering birds over my head, so there is no way I could ever walk into an aviary or actually hold a feathered bird, the feathers make me cold and shiver down the back.

I can absolutely appreciate your comment, and by not being able to walk under the alarm reminds me so much of my own OCD, where I can't walk over something that I have a fear of.

I feel very sorry for you. Geoff.