FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety

kwi
Community Member

Good afternoon

the last few days my anxiety has resurfaced after such a long time

of it being stable. I feel like this is the biggest step backwards. And I feel so terrible my children have had to see my crying and having a panic attack. 
please tell me this is just a minor setback. As feel so low it’s come back 

3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi kwi,

Im sorry you are feeling this way and that your anxiety has come back.

I understand anxiety can be a really hard thing to deal with at times.

Have you learned any strategies to help you to deal with your anxiety?

You could have a chat to your gp about the way you are currently feeling.

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello kwi,

I'm so sorry your anxiety has resurfaced. Positive mental wellbeing can be a daily battle, something you need to work on everyday and the journey has many ups and downs. As you mentioned your anxiety was stable for a long time, you know that you are capable of reaching that positive end goal. This was just a minor setback and you can work to get back to where you used to be. 

What were the tools and strategies that helped you remain stable before? Was there a particular event that led to your anxiety resurfacing? 

Wishing you the best,

Beeee

MummaDonna
Community Member

I totally understand where you are coming from. I have had my anxiety mostly under control for 20 years and the last few months it has resurfaced in a bad way! It is so hard to function when you have young children and work. Hope you have started feeling better 😊