FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety

Humpty
Community Member

Well after having 5 weeks off im attempting to go back to my job tommorow im telling myself you can do this . I feel sick in the stomach that my anxiety is going to get the better of me and i feel the embarrassment of it all is just going to get to me . Wish me luck 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

6 Replies 6

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GOOD LUCK! 

If you have Netflix, watching "The Call to Courage" is a GREAT one to watch and listen to in the bath! 
It makes SO MUCH SENSE. 

You're doing great! 
EM

nskye
Community Member

Hi Humpty, 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and I hope you know that you are not alone if you're feeling anxious or stressed going back to work after having some time off, so please do not let your anxiety make you feel embarrassed or wrong about it. I usually feel anxious when I have to return to my job/study after taking some time off, so I understand how it feels for you. The fear of the unknown and changes in social interactions and routine can contribute to our feelings of anxiety. It is so important that you acknowledge how you are feeling and reach out for help. You do not need to go through this alone, and the forum is a great place to connect to other people who might feel similar to you and receive support from each other, so well done on reaching out.

One thing I find helpful to ease my anxiety is to practice mindfulness (breathing methods, meditating, listening to your favourite music and relaxing your body & mind). Perhaps you can try that tonight and have a good night's rest to prepare for tomorrow. While you can’t be sure of how everything will go when you return, there are things within your control, and simple planning can help you regain control. 

I hope tomorrow will go well for you, and feel free to keep me posted on how it goes for your first day back to work!

YOU GOT THIS!! YOU CAN DO IT !!  ΰΌ˜β™‘ β‹†ο½‘Λš ੈ✩

Good luck, 

n

Humpty
Community Member

Hi Nskye wow my day back at work was shit i had an anxiety attack to the point where i vomited im thinking of leaving my job as this only happens to me when im working. Ive had a rough trot in the last 4 years at work and i think in the end its been a trigger for me . Every day i try to overcome it but it cripples me and work is not going to put up with it for much longer 😫😫😫

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Humpty,

Im sorry to hear this, I understand that anxiety can be hard to deal with.

Can I ask how you think that your work triggers you?

Please don't loose  hope.

nskye
Community Member

I am so sorry to hear about your day, Humpty! If you don't mind me asking, are there any reasons that trigger you badly with your current job? Whether it be the people you work with or any experiences that made you feel this way? If so, do you think there might be a chance to work on that to improve the current situation so you can secure your current income while looking for another position elsewhere? Moving to a different job might be a good idea if your current one puts a lot of stress and anxiety on you. Please consult with a GP if you can, as stresses can impact our physical health, and I don't want these pressures to make you feel sick. I hope you’re okay and please try to take it easy!

Sending you love and I hope the rest of your week will get better πŸ’Ÿ

blues23
Community Member

So sorry humpty . I was so hoping that your return to work would be good .it may be best for your mental health to look into other jobs that are less stressful and have less impact on you .  , greener pastures all the way . But good on you for trying again humpty that shows courage πŸ™‚