FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety/Phobia

jenjo1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone! I am new to these forums but am hoping to deal with my anxiety/phobia and panic attacks once and for all!  My anxiety is mainly centred around a specific phobia of mine - heights!  Therefore I hate bridges, flying - anything high!  This is coupled with driving anxiety. I panic when I can't picture the route (ie. going over any bridges) and when I go anywhere new.  My panic attacks are centred around my response to the situation (I am terrified that when I fly I am going to panic and open the door and jump out!!).  Does anyone else have a specific anxiety and/or panic attacks relating to specifics and how did you address them?  Does CBT really work???  I am really keen to change my current life pathway and reconnect with the outgoing person I once was!

Thanx!

1 Reply 1

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi jenjo1, 

From my personal perspective, CBT can be very very helpful. I found that the more I know about panic and anxiety and how it works the better I can deal with it.  CBT will help you understand why you get panicked and what the physiology of it is.  This therapy really helps especially with anxiety. 

I have general and social anxiety, not specific to a phobia, but CBT definitely helps.  

Good luck